Hiya!

dreamergirl78

"I'll be back so soon you won't have time to miss
Hello everyone.
I just not saw this board. I can't believe how long I have been posting and never even saw it.
Anyway, I am so glad to find other military families!
We are a national guard family. My DH was active duty army for 10 years then went to the guard. He is now on a 2 year deployment so our son and I are holding down the fort until January (hopefully) of 2008!
Thanks to all of the members of the armed forces that are on this board, your service is gratly respected and appreciated!
:goodvibes

Hi :)

I'm a wife of a Deployed Soldier too. Wow 2 years! My DH has been gone since August and will return in a year. I hope you & your son enjoy your 1st trip together!

~Katie

Thanks,
It is nice to meet another military wife.
Where are you guys stationed? We are in Arizona.
I will keep you hubby in my thoughts. And you too!!!!!
Talk to you soon.

We are in Fort Hood, TX. I just relocated here from NY. I met dh while he was stationed at Ft Drum in NY.

~Katie

Welcome the Military Board over here. My husband has been in the service for 16 years. It is a wild ride physically and emotionally. My husband has not been to Iraq yet and I hope that he doesnt. My heart goes out you-my extended family. I pray for your soldiers each and every night. :grouphug:

Doodlebug939 said:
Welcome the Military Board over here. My husband has been in the service for 16 years. It is a wild ride physically and emotionally. My husband has not been to Iraq yet and I hope that he doesnt. My heart goes out you-my extended family. I pray for your soldiers each and every night. :grouphug:

DH is just over 15 years. This is his 2nd tour in OIF. He just got back in Feb from a 1 year tour in Korea. I just want him home :)

Thank-you for your prayers!

~Katie

KT27 said:
We are in Fort Hood, TX. I just relocated here from NY. I met dh while he was stationed at Ft Drum in NY.

~Katie
My hubby is in Ft. Hood right now. His unit is training on a new helicopter.
This is such an extremely long time to be away from him!
Hopefully he will be home for Christmas then off to the big sand box!

Doodlebug939 said:

Thank you so very much for the welcome. I always tell everyone that it really does take a special kind of spouse to stick it out. I have known way too many people who cannot make it work. Unfortunate but true. Even without deployments, the military life is insane! But I knew what I was getting in to when I married him and I we are in thsi for the long haul, so it is what it is and I could not be more proud of my husband! :goodvibes
Thank you for your prayers. Every little bit helps!
Where are you stationed?

dreamergirl78 said:
Thank you so very much for the welcome. I always tell everyone that it really does take a special kind of spouse to stick it out. I have known way too many people who cannot make it work. Unfortunate but true. Even without deployments, the military life is insane! But I knew what I was getting in to when I married him and I we are in thsi for the long haul, so it is what it is and I could not be more proud of my husband! :goodvibes
Thank you for your prayers. Every little bit helps!
Where are you stationed?

Currently we are stationed in New Orleans. We have been here for 3 1/2 years. My husband has been looking for orders and hasnt found any that he want. I am starting to get that itch again to move. I wonder what I will do when we settle someplace. I will probably be the lady that moves within the school district every few years just for a change.

Doodlebug939 said:
Currently we are stationed in New Orleans. We have been here for 3 1/2 years. My husband has been looking for orders and hasnt found any that he want. I am starting to get that itch again to move. I wonder what I will do when we settle someplace. I will probably be the lady that moves within the school district every few years just for a change.

I have driven through New Orleans and it is someplace I have always wanted to visit!
I know what you mean about wanting to move. Part of me is ready to try something new, and the other part isn't! My Mom is here so that makes this deployment better for us! I would REALLY love to go to Europe. In fact, that is on the top of our "to do" list before he gets out (if he ever does :) )
We have quite a ways to go yet, so we will see how it plays out!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter