HoJo getting out of reach

Oh, I'm guessing this must be where the Quality Inn on Manchester was. Do you know? That was our go-to for several years! Affordable rates and free breakfast. We were sad when it closed.
Yes, it was built on that site. It's Home2 suites and Hilton Garden Inn connected somehow in one building, I believe.

I found that there's another Howard Johnson in Anaheim that's better than the one you want. And I learned about it on Yelp. I also found the Yelp page for Howard Johnson and it mentioned nothing about it closed. So try to see if the other Howard Johnson has rooms for Columbus Day
Glad to be of help

I had priced staying at HoJo in 6/2019 and the prices were so high that we ended up staying at the Disneyland Hotel for 2 nights then the Portofino Inn & Suites. The Portofino was way cheaper than HoJo and we got a family suite.

In the past we always wanted to try here but the price was always too high for the room size. We always stay at the desert inn and suites (last 4 trips) as the rooms fit us at a decent price. Before that we stayed once at La Quinta and then way back at the Super 8 (now Kings Inn I think). The super 8 we got a double queen room for 49 bucks a night (mind you that was 15 years ago. I try to keep our hotel (for 7) at less than $150 a night and it's getting pretty hard to do!!!

We had several stays at HoJo’s over the years, always at the $59 and entertainment rate, including Thanksgiving of 2010. Man, those were nice rates!

I love HOJO, but for my family of 5 with kids all a little too old for the tiny slides in the water area, it doesn't make sense anymore. We have started staying at the suite hotels on Harbor just south of Katella. The walk isn't bad and it gives us so much more space. Or, we splurge on the Courtyard next to HOJO.

I think their prices started getting too high after renovations. And I guess since people still pay those prices, that's that.

HOJO will always be my favorite for service and retro ambiance, but we've had to part ways thanks to value.

HOJO will always be my favorite for service and retro ambiance, but we've had to part ways thanks to value.

I definitely agree with this statement. HoJo's service was always at Disney levels. There was never a time when I thought I was just another number. They have it down when it comes to treating us like true guests.

And yes, the ambiance is cool there. When I stay at Park Place, Tropicana, and other Harbor Blvd hotels, they just feel like hotels or even motels. But HoJo has a good resort ambiance to it. Not WDW hotel levels (thinking Coronado, French Quarter, etc). But for a local Anaheim hotel, it exceeds the competition. But as said in another post, at this price point, the Disney hotels start entering the conversation.

I am surprised to hear how Hojo has gone up as I have been out of the loop for awhile now! I love the decor and arch at Hojo, the landscaping, the gift shop, proximity to Mimi’s, and the comfortable beds. I am curious about trying some different places now .

This thread just came to the top. I've been off the boards for a while but I thought I'd comment on this real quick. Rates do go up and down depending on the "usual" demand and school breaks can change the rates dramatically also. Our first stay at the HOJO was in 2009 for $89 a night that was with a view of the park. <3 Although prices have gone up you can still get a good deal. First of all, always book directly at Hojoanhiem.com. Secondly, you get a discount if you are a Wyndham Rewards member. Also, I believe that Micechat still has a discount code. I read they are honoring their AP holder discount too. Lastly, when comparing rates look at the taxes and fees of each hotel you're researching, not just what they cost a night. Their nightly rate may be lower but their fees may be higher making the difference between the two hotels not as much what it may first appear. Expedia and sites like that sometimes have the hotels for less. Getawaytoday.com sometimes has a better rate then booking directly also. Good luck. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter