"Holding Account" point usage

MickeyBabe

<font color=FF33CC>Sassy but Humble Parks Game Pla
We just passed ROFR and will be closing on our resale contract at the beginning of February! :bounce:

Thank you all for the wonderful information and well wishes.

Part of our contract is an allotment of points in a "holding" account.

I have read a little about how they must be used and the possibility of "reallocation" but we need all of the points for our planned June/July vacation.

My question is this...

We are planning for a two bedroom at OKW June 28th through July 5th.

If I book part of our vacation using the other regular points, how hard will it be to book the additional three days at 60 days out?

I think your chances are better than average at OKW since this is one of the biggest DVC resort. From what I've read in the past, even when there was nothing available at the other resorts, OKW always seem to have what people needed but I'd call as soon as the 60 day window opens in late April. SSR should be finished by then by then as well so worst case might be that end up moving during your vacation but that might not be so bad :wizard:

Since you will have some risk of not getting all your nights, my advice is to book something for cash as a back up.

My advice is to leave the Friday and Saturday nights for the holding account points because the weekend nights cost more points than the weeknights. Many members stay elsewhere on weekends to avoid paying the higher weekend points, so the chances of the Friday and Saturday nights being available at 60 days are greater than the other nights.

I know it is a little scary to have "a hole" in the middle of your vacation (might have to move twice instead of only once if you wait on the last 3 nights or first 3 nights), but I really think you have the best chance of being able to use the holding points if you use them for the weekend nights. At a minimum, be sure to book at least the Sunday and Monday nights (July 3 & 4) with your non-holding account points - IMHO, those will go relatively quickly due to the holiday and the fact that they are weeknights. If you absolutely can't stand the risk of having to move twice, book the last part of your trip and hope the first few days will still be available at 60 days.

Best wishes -

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter