holiday inn family suites buy one, get one free..changed quote!

sunfun

Earning My Ears
just called hifs tonight to add on two more days. well the rates were twenty dollars more a night then i received the reservations back in sept. the totals were way off. even to stay near the pool was $ 20 a night. when l asked last time they told me $10. i am so mad! asked to speak to manager and not in till 9 am. i emailed the situation to them and explained everything. my husband is gonna freak...he hates change! i also just cancelled my all star movies ressies cause i thought i was staying at the hifs. Now what? thanks for the venting space i am going to bed...need some rest!

I called the general 800# for HI and attempted to change my original ressie. I immediately called back and asked for a supervisor who called HIFS direct and a supervisor there was able to override the new price back to the original one. Ever since then, I have called HIFS direct and asked, "I need to change my original ressie slightly but want to make sure and retain my original price, please." I do think it's important to be extremely polite to the sups at HIFS, because it's up to them if your original price can be held despite the changes (prices definately do go up the closer you get to your date). Best of luck to you, and remember to keep a record of who you speak to when. Good luck!
Terri the Yoopermom
(who'll be there in 49 days...)

just spoke with kim at holiday inn family suites...she fixed the whole reservation money amount for me. thank goodness! wish they would send me a confirmation slip in the mail. thanks

May I ask what was the rate you guys got? I have my free night coupon, but I haven't called to make my ressie yet. Also, which type of suite did you get?

:)

I don't understand something. I had originally booked HIFS for $89 a night, then when I got the BOGOF I rebooked and was told the rack rate was $139.00 (which essentially worked out to be $69.50 p/n). I thought the rack rate was fixed. Is that not true?

i received the $139...buy one get one free with extra $10 for poolside. tues night it was $159 with extra $20 per night for pool front. i don't know how they can have such crazy prices? if i wanted to pay that much a night i would stay at the contempary.

what did you ask for the $90/night rate. i need to book one more night...and i am not paying $159! thanks

I would highly suggest signing up (free) for HI's priority club at www.priorityclub.com Then use that website to check for best prices on any HI hotel. Rates are definately *not* fixed! Usually, the earlier you book, the better, I've seen prices change weekly, or even more quickly, depending on specials. I've also called the hotel direct, but would not bother with the general HI 800 number since rates there always seem to be the highest. I made our ressies back in May for Xmas-New Years, and got $134/night; unfortunately, BOGO is not available during that time period. Good luck!
Terri the Yoopermom

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter