holiday Inn Universal

elisebutt

DIS Veteran
Can anyone give me any info on the HI Universal please.
We will be staying there 4 -14 March - coming from the UK and just want to make sure it is OK, after having cancelled the Delta after reading some bad reports about it.
What size are the rooms etc and is there anywhere to walk to - restaurants etc as we are carless.
Many thanks for any info.
:pinkbounc
:bounce:

I haven't stayed there yet, but I will be staying there in about a week and will give you a report then. I have, however driven past it many times as it is just about across the street from the Universal parking garage entrance.
If you aren't old and lazy like me you can even walk right to Universal/IOA from there (on one trip I was staying at the amerisuites near the Holiday Inn, and some young adults in my group did walk over and said it was fun).
Otherwise there is a TGIFriday's on the ground floor- a casual bar/restaurant kind of place, kid friendly too. There is also a Crackerbarrel restaurant very close, they are good for any meal especially breakfast, or there is also a Denny's on the block for a less expensive meal.
Walgreens is a short distance away (you might want to take a taxi) if you need sundries or want to stock your room with reasonably priced snacks and drinks.
:smooth:

Hi

We stayed at this hotel, you can read my trip report from December 29-Jan 1st...

You will not be disappointed in this hotel...It is not 5 star, but it suited us fine for 4 days...The rooms are clean, and new remodeled.. Nothing fancy, but nice and clean...The common area (lobby and sitting area, was moderately decorated, and kept very clean)....There is a TGIF restaurant adjacent to the hotel, that serves a really good buffet breakfast...

You can either take the shuttle the parks or hail a taxi for a 5minute ride, should cost about $3.00-5.00 each way....Check the hotel for the free shuttle schedule...

Have a good time

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter