• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hollywood and Vine Dinner - Good reviews and pics?

MamaJessie

DIS Veteran
So I have been going back and forth between Chef Mickey (which I actually enjoy) and Hollywood and Vine for the Fantasmic!. I would never pay OOP for the H&V F!, so I figure I may as well try it while we have the plan. We tried H&V 10 or so years ago and did not love it.

Anyone want to help me look forward to it? Just looking for positive experiences at H&V dinner - pics greatly appreciated.

Ill start!

Great characters in adorable seasonal attire! Food was good...if you dont like one thing, you will love another! Many more options than Chef Mickeys, PLUS, you can get the Fantasmic Package! One great memory....in 2017 we want on 04/01. Goofy was headed towards out table and my daughter yelled out "PLUTO !!!!". Goofy made some kind of gesture that looked like he was saying "Are you crazy, Im not Pluto" and my daughter said "April fools" !! He silently laughed, then brought all the characters over to our table and pointed out she was a funny girl! She loved it!

upload_2019-2-24_10-29-53.png

upload_2019-2-24_10-30-20.png

They are still laughing!!!

upload_2019-2-24_10-30-56.png

She was 11 (5'8" !!)

upload_2019-2-24_10-31-38.png

upload_2019-2-24_10-32-12.png

Sadly I only took pictures of our yummy desserts. Not sure what the "beads: are on top of the chessecake..kind of like mango bits...so yummy!

upload_2019-2-24_10-36-11.png

And of course, Mickey shaped sprinkles for the ice cream!

17629787_1300649096636850_322930769012382981_n.jpg

Thanks for sharing your pics and opinions! I have read a few reviews that say the character interactions are pretty good and not as rushed as some other places, this seems right in line with that :)

8A7EBBC2-D01B-4EFB-AE71-A51D7DF45F3A.jpeg 79A9C1E4-768F-48EF-93F9-5E8273B8D50D.jpeg 8726221B-A0B0-4AA7-A8A4-D86EE74C8653.jpeg 1915E601-C583-4561-B57A-E5DEC0819C94.jpeg We LOVE H&V and go every year. It is actually always our first dinner on our first night to kick off and set the mood for the trip. We typically go in the fall or Christmas season, so seeing the characters decked out in Halloween or Christmas attire is fantastic. We always find food we like and appreciate that they do change the menu up to include seasonal offerings.

I haven't been since 2016 but I have some pics in that review linked in my signature, and I'm not sure that the food has substantially changed.

I thought it was solid for a buffet. Some good salad selections, decent soup, and the entrees were hit or miss (sometimes better when you let another round come out) but nothing awful and some pretty good. Kid selections are good (yeah I had a chicken nugget ;) and desserts were very good too though I am not much of a dessert person, the christmas ones are pretty nice.

Agree that the character interaction was a step above. I always figured that was a very individual experience depending on where you go and what CM is playing the role rather than specific to a restaurant but my experience echoes that of many others that the character interaction was stellar here - better than any other meal I've ever had I think.

I left feeling probably would not pay cash for this one (just due to the price) but would definitely do it on dining plan - fantasmic seating was awesome! It's right in the center with the package.

I think if you like chef mickey's you will not be disappointed here. The seasonal costumes are super cute as well. The restaurant atmosphere is fairly neutral but that is made up for by the character interaction I think.

Last edited:
The 3 year old has spoken - and she wants H&V because they have Daisy and CM does not lol These reviews are helpful, thanks! @Lisa F I am off to go check out your dining review pics, thanks :)

We LOVE H&V! Every season brings its own good fun and food!

Attachments

• IMG_8813.JPG
    IMG_8813.JPG
    58.3 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_8816.JPG
    IMG_8816.JPG
    63.3 KB · Views: 5
we did H&V in November 2016, food was good, character interaction was excellent. Biggest issue I have at H&V (and CM) is all the unsupervised little kids at the buffet that are just too small to be helping themselves to food. It ends up all over the stations and the floor. creates a huge mess.

There was a creepy couple at the table near us. No kids, but had 2 dolls sitting at the table and every character that came by they asked a CM to take a picture of them, their dolls and the characters. strange....

We went in March 2018 for dinner. I thought the food was cafeteria quality and the price was insane - nearly $300 with tip for a family of four (no extras - that's the price). If you're on the dining plan, maybe it's worth checking out because it is a 1 credit restaurant, but I personally will not go back.

we did H&V in November 2016, food was good, character interaction was excellent. Biggest issue I have at H&V (and CM) is all the unsupervised little kids at the buffet that are just too small to be helping themselves to food. It ends up all over the stations and the floor. creates a huge mess.

There was a creepy couple at the table near us. No kids, but had 2 dolls sitting at the table and every character that came by they asked a CM to take a picture of them, their dolls and the characters. strange....
hey, that was me. Don't judge!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter