• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hollywood Studios Fully Booked?

Billabongi

Mouseketeer
We are headed to Hollywood Studios on a random Wednesday (the 12th) and the dining reservations have been gone for weeks. I then started checking for random weekdays and thus far haven't found a week day with dining reservations within the next 30 days. Is Hollywood Studios that crazy now that dining is completely booked no matter the day? It's been a bit since we've been in the parks (November) but i've never seen it like this.

It’s the first park to go, reservation-wise. There’s already limited options for dining. That makes it tough. Keep checking frequently, and hopefully you get lucky.

Star Wars is a huge draw to that park right now.
I agree with PP, keep trying.
I wanted to add a day last month last minute and EPCOT was full, I decided to open the app on my phone instead of using computer and I was able to get 2 park passes.

The day we were in HS I was trying to get Oga's Canteen so I was checking the app for openings and I saw all the hard to get dining locations pop up several times throughout the day.

Good Luck!

I’ve been searching HS studios since my windows opened up a couple weeks back. You’ll find reservations there are few and far between. I was eventually able to book 50 prime time (we wanted sci-fi) but not at the time we wanted. I took it, thinking at least it’s better than nothing.... very little has popped up at all since then and I’m on touring plans reservation finder and l check multiple times a day myself as well.

Thanks, we were hoping for one of those infamous quiet days we keep seeing pictures of but that isn't looking likely haha. I can't ever remember it being this hard to find a dining reservation at any park even when we went during Thanksgiving, you could always find something. Maybe not ideal place or timing but at least able to grab something.

Thanks for the replies this was sort of verification I wasn't crazy. We've been going to Disney for years and this is an odd one.

Thanks, we were hoping for one of those infamous quiet days we keep seeing pictures of but that isn't looking likely haha. I can't ever remember it being this hard to find a dining reservation at any park even when we went during Thanksgiving, you could always find something. Maybe not ideal place or timing but at least able to grab something.

Thanks for the replies this was sort of verification I wasn't crazy. We've been going to Disney for years and this is an odd one.
Unfortunately there aren't really any quiet days anymore, especially at DHS. Keep checking for reservations though - a lot tends to pop up the week or even the day before.

Keep checking. We are at WDW the third week of May, and up Until this week I hadn’t seen any reservations available anywhere at DHS. Since then, and I was checking multiple times a day, I saw one res. at 50’s prime time, several different reservation times at Hollywood and Vine and one dinner reservation at Hollywood Brown Derby, which i quickly grabbed!

Unfortunately, studies suggest that indoor dining is one of the most likely places to spread COVID.

We need to get the vaccination rate up first.
I agree that allowing more people in each restaurant could be risky still, but there's no good reason not to open the restaurants that are closed when all the open ones are filling up. They have options to increase capacity without extra risk.

I agree that allowing more people in each restaurant could be risky still, but there's no good reason not to open the restaurants that are closed when all the open ones are filling up. They have options to increase capacity without extra risk.
Yesterday, Disney announced plans to open 3 more restaurants: Cape May, Tusker House, and Chef Mickey (dinner).

There’s no TS restaurants at HS that is closed for them to open. All their TS are open. Sci Fi was a hard to get ADR in regular times. Cape May Cafe is reopening with ADR booking starting tomorrow. Beaches and Cream is tiny. So not a lot of options at nearby hotels.

There’s no TS restaurants at HS that is closed for them to open. All their TS are open. Sci Fi was a hard to get ADR in regular times. Cape May Cafe is reopening with ADR booking starting tomorrow. Beaches and Cream is tiny. So not a lot of options at nearby hotels.
True, but there are still several QS at DHS that are closed and some that are open have really short hours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter