Homemade Badges

LuvTheMagic985

Mouseketeer
Well I posted on here to see if anyone had ever made any homemade badges like the ones you can buy @ Disney or Ourlaughingplace...but I didn't recieve any responses. So I pulled up my boot straps and did one myself...that came out really great! And it cost me less than $1 each.

Sorry I didn't read your request when you posted it, I am new to this board. I sure would love to see a picture of your badge and mabey even directions on how you made them.

I missed your original request, too. I would love to see a photo!

And CONGRATS on working it out! :thumbsup2

Beth

I am dying to see what these look like! Please post a picture! (and directions please :)

I felt bad that no one had seen your post or responded - we try pretty hard to make sure we at least try to tell you we have no idea how to do what you want

so I found your post - it was on the scrapbooking board - most of us don't venture over there!

I would LOVE LOVE to see what you did - I do have a shirt design with the badges but not the actual badges

jonah.jpg

TravelinGal said:
Sigh - this board is becoming a SERIOUS addiction!

I had to go get creative on this idea too! It won't size right for a large image, but it would be good on a t-shirt pocket or sleeve...

I'd be glad to customize your name(s) and make it look engraved (like I did the blue line). Send me a PM if you want one customized.

(not trying to steal the thread... It just inspired me! ;) )

WDWbadge.jpg

That looks great Robin! Did you still need the toiletries from the park? Send me a pm with your address and I'll get them out for you.

Ok sorry it took so long but I had the toughest time figuring out how to post pictures. :rolleyes: Anyway...I started out wanting those little badges that all the Disney Cast members wear...too much $$ for a small pin...so I made them myself. The ones u buy r made of a plastic...I made mine from very thick card stock. I simply found a few pictures of badges that the kids liked online, saved them to my puter, colored out the names(if there were any) inserted the kid's names using the Disney font and coordinating color. To make it somewhat stiffer, I glued (3M Spray adhesive) two pieces of card stock together after they were printed. I used an exacto knife to cut through both pieces. Michael'ls sells the pin assembly that I glued onto the back ...and tadah.....CM Badges all around. Very close to the real thing. I even foiled one to get that metal look. :cheer2: The kids cheered and they had fun helping. It was a quick afternoon craft session and way less than $13 each!
100906badge2-thumb.JPG

100906badge-thumb.jpg

Do we order from you now? Can we pay S&H via Disney Dollars? Do you except Disney Monopoly money as payment or only Mickey PayPal? What delivery service do you use? Mouse Mail?
That was fun.
Will you share your templates? Or would you be willing to make some designs and email them to folks?

THANK YOU! You are so creative!! Those are so cool! I would neve have thought to use card stock. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks so much for the positive comment. :grouphug: Sorry KC10family...I really didn't use templates...i copied a picture of one and worked from there, but if u have an idea or want 1 like i used,please let me know and I'll see what I can do w/ a name u provide and send the finished one to u in email to print out.

Oh yes yes yes! Lovethemagic, if and when you have time I would love one with Gabrielle and one with Elizabeth on them. You can design them anyway you wish. Thank you thank you thank you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter