Homewood Suites International Drive

G

gailc

Have booked Homewood Suites for May 2002 and would appreciate any comments or information on this hotel.

Thanks.

We stayed there last November and liked it...it is hard to find though...(it is on the left hand side right behind Bahama Breeze)

Nice hotel..

they have a free breakfast every morning that we thought was good...make your own waffles(they have 2 waffle irons and batter already made and pre measured to pour into the iron) french toast, fruits, cereals, bagels, danish milk, juices, pop, coffee etc

sun-thur- they have a managers reception with free wine, pop, beer, chips and some other things...we were only at the hotel one time durng this and did not take advantage of it just saw what they had.

we had the pool to ourselves almost every single night...the busiest night there were 4 other people using the pool at the same time we were and we used it every night.

You can walk to restaraunts and shopping!

We had booked our room through Priceline and paid 46.00 per night. The day we checked in we were given a 1 bedroom suite (true suite... with a bedroom that has it's own door...bad thing was bathroom was in the bedroom) and the air conditioner was not working...and it seemd as though there was a furnace on ...blowing hot air in the room(like a sauna) we called asked for it to be fixed...a guy came and said he thought he had fixed it...we left for supper and golfing...came back and it was just as hot as when we first went it...called the front desk...they sent the guy back, well he decided he could not fix it until maybe the next day...so we called the front desk and asked if we could be moved...they siad sure and for our trouble they moved us to a 2 bedroom suite for free...that was great...there was a kitchenette/living room (dishwasher, stove, fridge, microwave and all the dishes and everything you need) with a larger 30"? floor tv, to the right was a bedroom with a 25" tv, 2 full/queen beds, (cannot rememeber exactly) and a full bath. To the left there was the other bedroom with a king bed, 25" Tv and another full bath. The sofa in the living room also pulled out, dont know if it was comfy or not thought it was just the 4 of us, DH, myself, DS6 and DS4 so we had MORE than enough room. Another nice thing was we were right across the hall form the landry so one night I did all the laundry...it was great to come home and not have to wash 9 days worth of dirty clothes.

WE would stay there again in an instant, this year we are stying at the Amersuites across the street.

Did not use the transportation as we had our own car.

No onsite restaraunt but as I said there is plenty to walk to and even more if you are willing to drive just a tad.

If you have any questions feel free to eamil me.
Brenda

Hi Gail,
Am also staying there soon - July 29 to August 19.
There is a website you might like to look at, its homewoodsuitesorlando.com . My kids are delighted to find out that they have a Playstation in all suites (but it doesnt say if it's PS One or Two!). I understand it's right beside Bahama Breeze which seems to be one of the best places to eat on I Drive. Good luck.
Sandra
:cool:

Yes there is a PLaystation 1 in the room but there is also a fee to use it...cannot remember what the fee is but I remember it was enought that told our kids as soon as they saw it ...we are not using it so dont even ask LOL we are on vacation and we are not sitting in our hotel room playing video games... we have 3 different systems at home and can play there LOL they never questioned it again LOL I think they were too exhausted after the long days at the parks and then swimming at night to care about it...they would hit he beds and be out like a light. Hope you bothe nejoy the hotel as much as we did ! Have fun!
Brenda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter