Honduras/Belize Itinerary

moericus

Mouseketeer
I'm looking for feedback from families that have taking younger kids (about 10 & 8) out of Galveston with the Honduras/Belize ports of call.

How did it go? Good stops for younger kids?

My initial reactions:
At Cozumel I think I'd try visiting Xcaret first. I went to Xel-Ha a long time ago and loved it. I'd go back if I could but I think it's a little too far without a RCCL guaranteed excursion return.

Honduras and Belize appear to be a lot of Mayan ruin and caving excursions. I'm not sure we could handle two stops at the ruins. My daughter doesn't do well in the dark. How did cave tubing go? Was it well lit or creepy as heck? (It sounds awesome to me either way)

We were on that stops last year ( december). Our kids were 2 and 4 at the time. For Honduras, we used Bodden tours which we loved. We picked private tour because our kids were so young to do zip lining and such. Look them up and I think your kids will enjoy it. My kids loved it.

For Belize, we just hang out at the port and have lunch. It's expensive ($12 for Margarita and I don't think they even put any tequila in it)

For cozumel, we went to Playa Mia. Loved it.

We are going on Liberty of the seas again this year in December but not the same ports. We are looking forward to it.

We did the cave tubing a number of years ago when our daughter was 11. While is was not scary, the river level was low and barely moving. We had to do a lot of kicking to keep moving.

www.cavetubing.bz

In Belize we completely enjoyed our experience with Vitalino and his family - who own and operate the facilities of the above company. Excellent quality tours and genuine hospitality. They have several other options besides cave tubing, but if at all possible, I think your DD would end up enjoying it. The tubes are close together (you could even hold hands if you wanted) and everybody has headlamps for the dark parts. The guide actually tows the tubes so it's not strenuous and the cenotes are like magical fairy worlds. pixiedust: Truly a remarkable experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter