Honestly - how wet is Splash Mountain?

Hah!

I was reading your description of your "submarine" technique (all weight in front), and then read your name - sunking... as in the past-tense of "sinking"... get it? ;)

I got a laugh out of it, anyway! :p

Another place to watch out for is shortly after the ride begins... you go up one belt and round the outside of the mountain. You then wait (usually a few logs in front of you) for another belt. The big drop is off to your right and there can be a tremendous whoosh of water come up from below. I think this is mechanical and not from the log hitting bottom, because it doesn't happen all of the time.

If it's cool out well grab jackets or ponchos on this ride. If the weather is warm it's no big deal... you don't get soaked like Kali.

I'd prepare with something. If you get stopped by the waterfall near the end you can get drenched after a minute or so.

My best tip is to not settle back in your seat right after boarding. If possible, sit forward on the edge of the seat. Water collects in the back and only drains when the boat starts up the first hill. You can get a wet butt before the ride starts ; )

Go, it won't be that bad.

Not to wet at all, and I am one of those who hate to get too wet. The fron definately gets wetter than the back

I love this ride, but hate to get wet. I always wear a poncho and don't care what anyone thinks because I don't want to walk around wet all day. Besides, I usually do WDW during the off season and it isn't always warm and sunny.

We sat in the front seat and we got soaked.

You can't beat splash mountain though, go on it, you will have a blast.

We stay off site and always bring a change of clothes. So, off site or on site-- if you get that wet-- change and right back to the fun!!!!!! Not that you'll necessairly need a change of clothes-- this is more for strategic purposes (ex-- a rider next to you who may get sick-- eewww!!)

It depends...it seems as though every 4th log or so (i watched for a while to try to find the pattern) will get really wet at the bottom of the big drop. There seems to be some kind of water cannon that goes off - it's not caused by anything to do with that particular log. So, no matter how the weight in the log is distributed, you could get drenched - the people in the front still do get the worst of it, because they are closer to the surge of water that shoots up and over the log. After having gone on this ride on past trips without getting too wet - I got soaked this past February - and I mean dripping from head to foot soaked!!

I also think I read someplace or someone told me that when the weather is chilly they turn off some to the water cannons. I know they close the water filming demonstration at Disney Studios when it's cold out.

I sat in the back row on Splash Mtn and got about two or three drops of water on me, that was it. I rode Kali Rapids and experienced something completely different when we shot down a small slope and hit the water again, a wall of water went over the top and didn't spare one square inch of my being. I didn't mind the clothes because they dried in the Florida sun within a half hour but my shoes stayed squeeshy most of the day. If it is hot out it is almost welcomed relief.
:eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter