Honeymoon at Aulani!

BKelly

Earning My Ears
We will be heading to Aulani for seven amazing nights the last week of August to September. We have taken our girls to WDW a few times (my parents own DVC, it is a DREAM of mine...) however in over TEN years (yes, TEN), this will be our first 'adults only' vacation- and it happens to be our honeymoon! We married last September and put it off for various reasons.. but we are now booked and I am crazy with anticipation.

However... I do have some concerns brought on by lots and lots of researching...

1. Crowds (Even late summer/early fall)?
2. Food (I've never seen so many bad food reviews for one place. Not even just the prices- I expect it- but the quality...!)

We will have a car all week (got a great rate at Discount Hawaii Car Rentals) so we WILL hit Target and Costco. I rebooked our flights (have to love miles and Silver status, phew..!!) to arrive at 1:30pm as opposed to 3:30pm after I read about the traffic during rish hour.

And thought #3... only 7 nights...? I know you can't help with this :) and I know it will FLY by, which is why I am looking for any and all input.

Thanks!!!
Edited to Say: I have booked a one bedroom villa, ocean view (hey... first vacation for us without the kids!!) and I sent DVC Services an email today requesting one of two rooms (I made use of the room view thread!)

Crowds:
Its not going to be as crowded if you are there during a time when school is in session. If you go during a traditional school holiday such as Christmas or Spring break expect it to be more crowded. We were there this past Christmas 2013 and it was busy! We were also there in August of 2012 and it wasn't as busy... though that was before the resort was 100% open.

Food:
There are tons of great places to eat on Oahu. Dont limit yourself to only eating at the resort.
Check out the thread "Going to Aulani Lets List Places to Eat". It has lots of great suggestions.
Here is the link: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2858912

Glad to hear you checked out the room view thread! There are also lots of great tips on that thread as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter