Hoop-Dee-Doo Closing Temp

vacationwoman

DIS Veteran
Phila. news is reporting this morning that Disney is laying off hundreds of entertainers in WDW and DL and that this includes closing the Hoop-Dee-Doo for an indefinate time.
Anyone else hear that ?:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Could you please give more info on this? Is that for HDD at WDW or DL? I was thinking of doing this show. Thank you.

The press has reported layoffs in WDW entertainment, including acts eliminated at Epcot and a reduced show schedule at Disney's Animal Kingdom.

But I haven't seen any reports that the Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue at Pioneer Hall, Fort Wilderness, is closing. This is hard-ticket dinner show. People book months in advance, prepaying the tickets. In other words, the Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue makes money directly -- unlike the park entertainment which is considered an expense. I imagine the Hoop-Dee-Doo is very profitable, even when the theater doesn't sell out completely. A family of 4 pays around $145 for the dinner and show.

Perhaps someone is confusing the Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue with the Diamond Horsehoe at the Magic Kingdom.

The news specifically mentioned Hoop-Dee-Doo in WDW, and included the fact that the show was booked months in advance. I would call them directly to check it out if you've already booked it
Hope it's not true

Neither Disney Vacation Club nor WDW Dining had heard anything about the Hoop Dee Doo being closed.

So I called Pioneer Hall directly. Here's the story: Normally, the Hoop Dee Doo has shows at 5:00 p.m., 7:15 p.m., and 9:30 p.m. But through October 31, the 9:30 p.m. performances have been cancelled. There has been no decision about schedule changes after October 31.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

That is my most favorite show in WDW! How could they close it?

I hope it''s not true!!

They're only stopping one show.

Hopefully they'll do a good job of getting the word out and are reseating people with reservations to the earlier shows.

Originally posted by MickeyMoose15
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

That is my most favorite show in WDW! How could they close it?
They didn't close it. They cancelled the 9:30 p.m. show through October 31, while demand is down.

The 5:00 p.m. and 7:15 p.m. shows are the popular show times anyway. I bet the 9:30 p.m. show primarily serves folks who couldn't get tickets to the 5:00 p.m. or 7:15 p.m. show.

Is that for HDD at WDW or DL?
There is no Hoop-Dee-Doo at Disneyland.

I make a point of seeing it every time I go. It's a great show. And, yes, since it's a dinner show, the 9:30 show has always impressed me as an "overflow" show. They probably don't need it for a while.

I would encourage ANYONE making the trip to WDW to check into tickets for this show. Almost everyone I know who's seen it wants to go back.

Gary

I knew they couldn't shut down all the shows, Disney would have to many angry people because the shows have been booked for monthes. It would be like shutting the Producers down right now....well not that many angry people.

I just got off of the phone with Disney Dining Reservations Supervisor. I have a Hoop de Doo reservation for Oct 29 at 9:30 PM. The first CM that I talked to at dining reservations did not know anything about cancellations of HDD. After I pressed him he got the supervisor on the phone and he confirmed that there are some cancellations of the 9:30 PM show. He did not know what days would be cancelled including mine. He apparently was as disgusted as we are with the lack of communications on these types of closures. He said that if my show was to be cancelled I would be called in the next day or so. I hope so because I leave Wednesday bound for WDW.

They eliminated Mikey's Tropical Review awhile ago.....Have heard nothing further.

MJ

Well its confirmed. I just received a call from a special CRO rep that confirmed that ALL 9:30 PM Hoop Dee Doo shows through Oct 31 have been cancelled. They are rescheduling everyone on the 5:00 & 7:15 shows. She indicated that they were manually redrawing the seating charts. As you may know seating at the Hoop Dee Doo and Polynesian Revue seating is decided by when you make your reservation. First reservations get best tables. They are attempting to redraw the seating to accommodate the cancelled guests original reservation date. Also since Amex specials were at 9:30 only they are accommodating Amex discounts at earlier shows for cancelled guests.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter