Hoop Dee Doo =X

Shannone1

<font color=green>Don't sweat the small stuff<br><
Some folks over on the DDP dining forum are seriously slamming the Hoop-Dee-Doo. Cheesy show, old costumes, so so food. Is it that bad ?? I've heard such great things about it on this board so I am confused.

- Is it that the other people are just used to more high end places and resorts and maybe not into camping ??

- Do the Fort Wilderness regulars just love it because of the experience and maybe because of the nostalgia ??

If this show wasn't at The Fort, would you still go to it ??

We did the Hoop Dee Doo in 9/05. It was enjoyable and glad we did it, but I honestly have no interest in repeating it just cause I've done it and it's 2TS credits. Too many other things to experience. I wouldn't go by what other's say, If your interested in seeing it then Go and Enjoy. You won't be sorry and then you'll know if you want to repeat. It is a cute show!

Only place I have found at WDW where it's
ALL YOU CAN DRINK!!!
:drinking1 :drinking1 :drinking1

Sangria aside, my kids and I really like the food and we spend the next 3 days singing "Hoop-de-doo...hoop-de-doo..."

My daughter and I did the HDDR last June and we liked it a lot. I would go back if I took someone that hasn't been. The food is Trails End slung next door lol. You get ribs, chicken and a couple veggies. It is aycd wine and beer. The show was funny and well done.

Well, the Hoop-Dee-Doo is kinda cheesy and it is nostalgic - but that's what it's supposed to be. ;) It's also great fun. We did the Hoop-Dee-Doo a couple of years ago and we're going to do it again in Oct. Is it a must do everytime we go to WDW (twice a year), no but we're ready to do it again after 2 years.:thumbsup2

Happy Camping!

Everytime we pass the settlement-we all break out in song-"Hooop Dee-Doo Hoooop Dee Doo" It never fails. And the giggly girl-teeehheeee
Love it!!
it's a must see at least once. We saw it once and the kids wanted my parents to see it too so we've seen it twice. It's so worth it. We were staying at the Ft. both times. I'd see it again of site as well.
It's a fun show!

I thought I'd just jump into this thread as I'd like some information on the HDDR, and you guys seem so much more positive about it. My question is, how is the vegetarian selection? Yup, I'm one of those weird veggie types! I'm not fussy about food, so long as it didn't have to be killed for me to eat it (no meat or fish, but do eat eggs, cheese, etc). What I really want to know is, can I get enough food to warrant the cost? By the sounds of it, my mother and I would love the show, but I'm going to have to pay for the top price seating as that's the only bit that's wheelchair accessible (I don't get it, I have to pay more to bring my own seat :confused3), and I don't want to come out of it hungry.

Thanks guys and keep on singing :thumbsup2 !

If you've never experienced the Hoop Dee Doo, you have to go at least once. We have been at least 15 times since I was a kid, and it never gets old. If you like a really funny (and yes cheesy, but that's part of the charm of it) old style Western vaudeville show, and you don't care that your food isn't at a 5 star level (hello, this isn't the Grand Floridian ;) ), and you like being able to actually EAT and not nibble on a 2 inch square of fine French cheese, than you'll love it too :)

Those same people probably also think that sleeping in "cabins" or "trailers" is so 1970's and who in their right mind would "camp" at Disney World. I have yet to see a bad show at Disney, they are all very nicely done.

I was wondering to if it is worth the 2 dc or paying out of pocket. I am not a big eater, my DH has crohns disease so he doesn't eat a big meal either and our DD is a very fussy/pickey eater. So would it be a waste for us to use our dc or even paying for it. Personally i like the character meals and so does my dd(she is 6). what is everyones opinion??

Go, Go, Go to Hoop-de-doo! Six of us went in Jan. & we are still singing. 15 of us will go next January, and that will be the first event I book on July 20!:banana:

I was wondering to if it is worth the 2 dc or paying out of pocket. I am not a big eater, my DH has crohns disease so he doesn't eat a big meal either and our DD is a very fussy/pickey eater. So would it be a waste for us to use our dc or even paying for it. Personally i like the character meals and so does my dd(she is 6). what is everyones opinion??

IMHO hoopdeeyourbroke has finally priced its way into a mess......

Longest running dinner show in all wdw.......

From a bluecollar stand point excellent show............... and food my family can relate to:) .........

It was originally priced to meet all income levels...

That cannot be said anymore....

Higher paying customers have higher expectations jmho.......

Everything in Disney is priced much higher than it was 5-10-15-20-30 years ago. Yes, Disney was priced more economically back in the day. Like 15-20 years ago. It hasn't been that way for a long time, and it never will be again. We all know Disney is not the cheapest place to visit, and that is not going to change.

Plus, the Hoop Dee Doo has always been one of the more expensive shows at Disney, that is nothing new.

Is it worth the money? Yes, especially if you've never been.

We went in 2004. Me, hubby, son 17, son 16. We had a great time, and any time my boys can get all you can eat ribs is a good thing. They actually shocked the server at the amount of ribs they put away!! I think they were just asking for more ribs toward the end, just to see how much all you can eat really meant. (That is until the server embarrased them by announcing to the whole place how many buckets of ribs had been brought to our table!!)

The show was lots of fun, and definitely corny!!

We are trying the Luau in September on the Dining Plan. We havn't been to that since 1997, so are curious about that show.

Did HDD last July, and will go back again, even if it costs two credits... the food is great, but the atmosphere is outstanding... like others said, dont expect fine dining, but I also had the Yachtsman Steakhouse on the same trip, and will not be going back there next time even though it is supposedly better food... the food fits in with the entire scope of the show, and it all works extremely well together...

Lets see decent seat at hddr...$60+ adult $30+ kid

Family of 4 $200 deal....:confused3

Again hddr is a great family show.....at a very unfamily price....

Won't argue that it's not pricey, but hey, this IS Disney we're talking about after all :(

when I was there in feb. the 9:oopm show was cancelled..

I think the higher income crowd has spoken......:sad2:

when I was there in feb. the 9:oopm show was cancelled..

I think the higher income crowd has spoken......:sad2:
Can't say as I have heard of a show being cancelled because there were not enough seats sold but I suppose that is possible.
Not quit sure what you mean by your last line though.
As for the price of the HDDR, I guess it is high for dinner or a show, but it is a dinner show and Disney so it seems about right for what and where it is.

Uhmm, they're not cancelling the Hoop Dee Doo shows because of the "high income crowd". February is not exactly a booming month at Disney.

The Hoop Dee Doo already goes dark on certain dates because there isn't enough attendance at Disney/Fort Wilderness to warrant the show.

Enough with this higher income/lower income, I'm blue collar, you're white collar nonsense (it seems like every thread now :/). Because some 9 PM show was cancelled (most people don't want to go at 9 anyways), all of a sudden it means high income people are shutting down the Hoop Dee Doo? ugh, I think I just saw Elvis too...lol.

As for the price of the HDDR, I guess it is high for dinner or a show, but it is a dinner show and Disney so it seems about right for what and where it is.

Which is exactly the point. This isn't 1972 people!

Can't say as I have heard of a show being cancelled because there were not enough seats sold but I suppose that is possible.
Not quit sure what you mean by your last line though.

The show is losing interest to those who can afford it.....:sad2:

Does anyone know why they removed the sign that posted the priceout front:confused:

I know they have changed thier pricing to zones (where you sit)..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter