hoop-dee doo

bigsmooth

Mouseketeer
I'm thinking about taking DW, two DDs, Mom & Stepdad to the Hoop Dee Doo Musical review (I've never experienced it before). I see that there is a DVC discount for the 9:30pm show. That show will get out late- is there any transportation options back to SSR? Would you take the normal FW transporation to DD and walk/tfer over?

General impressions- Worth it? Thinking this (which we've never done) or La Nouba (which just DW and I have done, would be new for DDs/Mom & Stepdad)

We did this in '01 and have been reminiscing ever since. The kids and us are ecstatic about doing it again this fall. (Although, we did the early show).

If MK is not open late, yes, I'd take a bus to DTD and then either walk/take the boat / not sure if there's a bus back to SSR. If MK is open, maybe take to boat to MK and a bus to SSR.

bigsmooth said:
I'm thinking about taking DW, two DDs, Mom & Stepdad to the Hoop Dee Doo Musical review (I've never experienced it before). I see that there is a DVC discount for the 9:30pm show. That show will get out late- is there any transportation options back to SSR? Would you take the normal FW transporation to DD and walk/tfer over?

General impressions- Worth it? Thinking this (which we've never done) or La Nouba (which just DW and I have done, would be new for DDs/Mom & Stepdad)
The show is a blast. Did it twice. Loads of fun. Interactive. As for transportation, we have never gone from there to SSR. What we did was take the boat over to MK, then took the bus from there (we were staying at POR and BW the two times we went). I don't know what time of year you'd be going so that may affect your decisions.

We just went to the late show of HDDR and it was tons of fun! My DH was the 'Star of the Show.' It was the highlight of the trip that the kids will never forget.

Since we went to the 9:30pm show and MK wasn't open late that night, they had buses waiting that went directly to the hotels.

Have fun. Michele

By all means do HDDR. We enjoyed it and having done it once that was probably enough. However, we're very glad we did it once. The food was nothing super special but good and filling. The show, was a blast!

I would definitely do it. We went when I was a kid, and now that I have my own family, we go every time we're in Disney. The funny thing is that the jokes never change-(even from 20 years ago) -but we all still laugh and have a great time. The food is pretty good, too. All family style and unlimited beer and sangrias :cool1: We are going again in June and the kids are so looking forward to it.( as well as I am) :thumbsup2

This may seem funny but what the heck. We love HDDR and go everytime we are there. The thing I look for is comparing the previous cast to the current ones.The jokes and show are the same and they do a remarkable job of keeping the cast members looking very much the same even thought I am aware the members keep being replaced. I have often wondered if they have the same cast members do all three nightly shows...smjj

Sold! Thanks for the encouragement.

Good to hear they will have busses for the late show. Since we are West Coasters, we'll probably hit the show the day we check into SSR since that will be still early for us.

We didn't do the late show. But you should be able to take the boat back to MK and take regular transportation to your resort. We were staying at OKW and when we inquired about our tickets and how to get there they drove us over to FW in a shuttle. There is one of the reasons I love Disney. They always go the extra mile for their guest.

M&Mwish said:
Since we went to the 9:30pm show and MK wasn't open late that night, they had buses waiting that went directly to the hotels.

Have fun. Michele

Now that's great to know! Thanks!

bigsmooth said:
Good to hear they will have busses for the late show. Since we are West Coasters, we'll probably hit the show the day we check into SSR since that will be still early for us.

Thanks for the great idea for a first night for us west coasters! I've never set anything up for our first night just in case our flights didn't come in on time, but this trip there are only four of us so I think I'll take a chance and book it.

bigsmooth said:
Sold! Thanks for the encouragement.

Make sure you leave SSR around 1 1/2 hr before the show starts. If you take the bus, it drops you off at the front of FW. Then you have to get the Orange bus to get to Pioneer Hall. Unless you just take the bus to MK and the boat to FW

We did the late show (with DVC discount) in mid-Sept which is a real slow time. The theater was mostly empty but that actually made everything more fun. There was maybe 2 dozen tables, so when the cast was out in the audience, everyone in the audience was involved.

We had booked well in advance and had the table dead center about a foot in front of the stage. As we were being seated and realized what table we had gotten, I asked our waitress as a joke if it would be possible to get anything closer. Without skipping a beat and with a deadpan serious look on her face, she responded "Of course sir", grabbed the table and pushed it tight up against the stage :bounce:

Rence, we saw it last november and we sat at the same table. Even though they said that late nov and early dec are empty. The whole place was filled. Great show

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter