Hopeful Disney bride 2010

kellyb.80

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone

I absolutely love Disney and went there with my family on holiday for the first time when I was 14 and have loved it ever since. We have two daughters and they love disney too. We have been going to Eurodisney for the last 4 years, but now want to go to Florida.

Every seen myself and my fiancee have been engaged I have always wanted to get married at Disney, and now hopefully this wish will come true. I am so excited.

Myself and my fiancee are planning to get married in Wedding Pavillion 2010.

I have rung a couple of travel agents to make enquiries on this. I have been told for us to be able to get married in the Disney Wedding Pavillion we have to stay in one of their Disney hotels and we have to purchase our 14 day parks tickets from them.

They have also told me that we will not know which week the ceremony would be until 8 months before, which is a bit of a problem for my parents as they can only come for one week because they are already going to Disney the same year. Just a bit concerned that there wont be any flights left 8 months before the holiday.

I was just wondering if anyone knew if you can book the wedding direct at the Pavillion so that you dont have to stay in one of Disney hotels. Its not that we dont want to stay in a disney hotel, its more that we thought if we stayed in a villa then it would be more likely that my parents and inlaws could financially afford to come because we could all stay in the same villa.

Any advice would be appreciated as my head is going to explode. I have been on the phone and internet near enough the whole day trying to find out info.

Thanks

Hello and welcome!

I think you are right about booking the wedding pavillion 8 months out. However if you don't care about the day specifically or the time I don't think it would be too much of a problem to get the week you want. I guess it all depends on which season you are going in.

For all of the disney weddings I think you are required to stay with Disney. Actually I am not sure that you are, but I have never heard of a bride who didn't want to stay at disney... It also makes it sooo much easier and is so much more the disney experience. If you specifically want a Villa you could always stay at one of the disney vacation club properties since they are mostly villas. You could either rent points or I think you can just call and book directly and pay like its a normal hotel room.

Also if you book directly with disney they give you 2 annual passes free of charge so you wouldn't have to worry about the 14 day park ticket thing. I would check out www.disneyweddings.com and look around a bit. They might give you a better deal then your travel agent.

There are also a number of other venues in the orlando area.

Hi

Thanks for the reply and thanks for the link. I'll have a look round the website.

Its not that we dont want to stay at Disney, we was thinking more that if we stayed in a villa then it would be easier and probably cheaper and more possible for my parents and inlaws to stay because we would all stay in one villa. If not, we want to stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge. It looks brilliant. I have been on tripadvisor.com and had a look at other visitors photos and it looks wicked.

I just cant wait to go back and hopefully tying the knot there.

I have saw on the internet pictures of someone who got married actually directly in front of the castle. It looked amazing. It was at night and the castle was all lit up and the "isle" was all lit up with flowers and the chairs for the guests were all decorated beautiful. What a dream to be able to do.

Just wanted to say Hi and welcome:wave2:! I personally would just book your wedding directly with Disney. I have heard from other brides on here that have tried to use travel agents have had issues:scared:. Definately check out the DFTW website for more info www.disneyweddings.go.com. Also just start looking through people's planning journals and you will get a pretty good idea of what all your options are and what to expect during the planning process.

The first main decision you need to make is how big your wedding will be. They have smaller package wedding available called Escape weddings or larger weddings that you can customize called Wishes weddings. Either can be at the wedding pavillion. Escape weddings can only have 20 guests (this number includes the bride and groom- but I have recently heard rumors that for a fee you can inrease to 25 guests) and with Wishes there is no limit.

If you have a Wishes wedding you can book the WP 1 year out... if you are an Escape bride you can only book 8 months out. Even with only 8 months out if you are a little flexible with the exact day and time you shouldn't have issues... I can't imagine that you wouldn't be able to get that WEEK atleast.

For both types of Disney weddings you do have to stay on property but I don't think it has to be a hotel... I think villas should count. Escape weddings require a 4 night stay and with Wishes weddings you commit to a room block based on the size of your guest list. And as Bride-to-Be said you get 2 annual passes as a "gift" from Disney- so definately much better than requiring a 14 day pass:scared1:

Hope that helps! Feel free to ask tons of questions too. I have found everyone on these boards to be extremely helpful! Looking forward to following along with your plans!

haha I love those MK wedding pics. I asked about it and was specifically told that they can no longer do it because the food and beverage department in the MK is no longer. To me that doesn't seem like a great answer :confused3.

The first 10 times I looked at those pictures I never read the story behind how it all happened. If you have a chance you should click on one of the upper tabs, I totally forget what its titled. But it sounded like a nightmarish process in order to get the whole thing to happen.

I just wanted to clarify that I just read for escape weddings there is a 4 night minimum at either a disney hotel or DVC. The animal kingdom lodge does have villas - they have a whole new wing that either just opened or is opening shortly.

Hiya

I know you posted on my planning journal earlier and i just wanted to agree with the others about booking and enquiring direct with disney.

I am from the UK and lots of travel agents try to woo you with cheap packages but again, i have heard a few bad stories and i am booking direct with disney. If you ring them, they will get someone to talk to you about what you are interested in and they will put you into direct contact (email) with one of the cordinators who can awnser any questions you have (even if you are not booking anything).

I hope we have helped you! But i definately reccoment that you book directly with disney like most people do, i think its safer plus you are working direct with disney and not through a travel agent. :flower3:

Hi

Thanks for the replies. I am definately gonna speak to Disney direct and see what they say.

I have been on the internet now for days and my eyes are really sore. My partner is worried cause my parents and his parents are saying they might only be able to come for a week and he worried that because we have got to wait 8 months before, before we get the date that they might not all get a flight.

As we have got to stay in a Disney hotel for 4/5 days to get married in the wedding pavillion does anyone know if you actually have to be staying at the disney hotel on the date of the wedding. We are trying to figure out if we book the 4/5 days at a disney hotel at the begginning of our two weeks and then the rest at a villa because then we could all stop in the same one to make it easier. My partner is concerned that we have to be stopping in the hotel at the date of wedding which we wouldnt know until 8 months before.

Its all stressful. If we could only find out the date now then it would be okay cause they could all book for that week. Madness.

What numbers do I have to put in front of the disney number to ring from England. Anyone know?

I tried to ring Disney direct today but they do not open on a Saturday which I was disappointed about because I really wanted to speak to someone.

Myself and my partner have been looking on the Disney Wedding website last night and was up til early hours of morning going through the options. We are considering a wishes wedding now.

It says on there for next year the minimum spend is $12,000. It says there are all minimum requirements that you have to meet to be able to do the wishes wedding. Well I am not sure if I am reading it right, but I read it like we will have to book a minimum of 25 night rooms and that there is food and beverage minimum requirements. Is anyone aware if this is correct.

I cant wait til Monday to actually speak to someone.

I have also read on quite a few threads people have a dessert party. What is this? We are also not sure where to have our reception.

I also read on a thread that they used their own ipod player for their music. How does this work.

Its so confusing. There are so many things to choice, I dont know where to start.

I was so confused too in the beginning! It will all become very clear shortly.

If you upgrade to a wishes wedding then you can have more people - an unlimited number of people. However you are required to have disney room blocks and guarantee at least 25 room nights. Meaning you can get discounted rates (10% for value hotels, 15% for moderates, 15% for deluxes and 30% off for deluxe convention hotels (I think)). All of your guests then book under the discounted rates and if you fufill the 25 room night minimum you get 1 free room night which can be used at any point during your stay. The free night is for a standard room but it seems they always upgrade you to concierge level. If you can't reach this minimum it seems that DFTW will usually work with you and you just don't get the free night.

The $12,000 minimum is the minimum amount of money you have to spend on that day. It includes things like the ceremony spot (i.e. WP), reception venue fees, all food and beverage, cakes, dessert parties and entertainment like characters and musicians, disney photography and videography, floral and also photography packages like the Magic Kingdom, Epcot and Animal Kingdom photoshoots.

Dessert parties are held in three places - the most popular is Epcot followed by the Fantasmic DPs at the Studios and Wishes DPs at the Grand Floridian and I think the Polynesian. Basically everyone gets together and you have a private VIP viewing spot for the show/fireworks and you can serve you choice of desserts or dinner (in some locations). Its a great way to end the perfect day. I am not sure about the pricing for Fantasmic and Wishes, but Epcot is $22 minimum in food per person and also $12.95 fireworks viewing charge for all guests without park admission. Assuming its the same day as your wedding it counts towards your total minimum expenditure.

Depending on what time of year you are planning to get married we can make lots of suggestions about reception spots. Everyone here is planning something different and I am sure has lots of advice to share.

There are rumors that the Escape package now allows 25 people. If you are having 25 or less its best to stick with an escape package and just plan a seperate dessert party or reception. If you are planning to have more than 25 people than you need a Wishes package, then you can book the wedding Pavillion I think 1 year in advance.

Honestly though I don't think you should have trouble getting the Wedding Pavillion 8 months out as long as you are flexible about the time of day. At the same time we travel back and forth across the pond quite a bit - I don't hink I have ever booked my flights more than maybe 4 months in advance - at the very most. Even if you family is travelling with frequent flyer miles they should still be able to get the flights they want 8 months out. There are a bunch of travel agents on this board - hopefully someone will chime in with some advice. Last time we used a travel agent we were able to put our flights on hold and we didnt' ahve to pay/confirm them until 30 days prior to our departure - that might also be an option of you find the right travel agent.

If you are having a casual reception and don't want a DJ, you can bring your own Ipod. Lurkyloo did this for her brunch reception. You can pay extra for someone to set it up for you - or you can just set it up yourself.

HTH!! ;)

I was so excited this morning. I woke up and have been watching the clock ever since until 1.30pm England time to be able to ring Disney Weddings to speak to someone. I didnt realise I wouldnt be able to speak to someone today. So a really nice lady took all my details and said I will get a phone call within 3 days. I cant wait for someone to ring me.

We have decided now that we are going for the escaped package. We havent decided on where to go for dinner but I would like to have a Dessert Party.

My only concern is I had priced the villas up for the whole of my party and we were going to book them today but I am worried now if to or not. I am just concerned that I am going to book the two weeks and then when Disney ring me they say there are no places within the two weeks we are there. The lady said as long as we are flexible on the dates and time then we should be okay to get a date within our two weeks. I would like dates in between 13-27 October 2010.

I have been reading someones thread and I noticed they have their STD's for 12 August 2010. Are STD's something that disney send out to confirm the date. If so how has she them already as Ive been told the date wont be confirmed until 8 months before.

I cant wait to actually start planning things properly and know that everything is booked and can look forward to the day.

The August 12 STDs I presume were made and not sent by Disney. Disney will send save the dates for you once your contract is signed but many brides here usually send their own and spend lots of time working on creative ideas.

Congrats on deciding on the escape. I really do think its much more sensible. I am sure that you will get a time slot at some point within a 2 week period. I am almost positive of it. I have neaver heard of someone having THAT much trouble. :rotfl:

I really think you should consider staying at Disney. If you wait to book I think that there will be a good chance that disney will continue with its free dining package and make it a good deal. Its just sooooo much eaiser to actually stay at disney then it is to stay off site. Trust me I know - we have a house now less than 3 miles from the magic kingdom gates and I really wish we still just stayed in the hotels.

Also if you really like AKL I think you would get the group discount rates which make their non-savannah view rooms really affordable.

Another thing to consider in your planning. Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party is a TON of fun and something I would highly recommend for your Oct trip.

Bride-to-Be is right Disney won't send out STD's til you book with them- however, they only do these for Wishes brides, it's not included in the Escape package. A lot of people will make their own and even send out "pre"STD's so that their guests have plenty of time to plan. Has Disney called you back yet?

Hi

No, no-one has rung me back yet. Every time the phone rings I am jumping for it. I cant wait to actually speak to some one and discuss it all. Its so exciting.

Well we were looking at the wishes weddings and then I saw pictures of someones escape wedding and I thought it was lovely. Plus there are not a load of guests so it probably makes sense this way. Then we can sort dinner out and the dessert party.

I am still trying to get used to all these ebreaviations. I was sitting there for a while the other night trying to figure out what a DF was. Mad

I am ready that many different threads Im forgetting where I saw what. If I have commented on someone's thread is there a quicker way of finding it again or do I have to go through list. I have started writing people's user names down now. Also is there quicker way to get to my thread. I log in and it just takes me to main bit.

There are so many great escape wedding trip reports on here. Check out tiggerificheidi - after reading hers I really wanted an escape - we just have too many people.

So if you look on the left side of the screen there are little enveloppe boxes. I have never really figured them out but I think they have an arrow or something on them for threads that you have posted to. Maybe someone else can explain better.

Also if you go into USER CP on the left side of the dark blue bar you can add a link to your PJ on your signature - you can also add photos there and on the left side (I think called an avitar).

It took me the longest time to figure it out - and I am not sure that I really have. I assume the first D is disney - but why????

DF - Disney Fiancee
DH - Disney Husband
DBF - Disney Boyfriend
DD - Disney Daughter
DS - Disney Son

DFTW - Disney Fairytale Weddings
WP - Wedding Pavillion
umm lets see
There are a bunch! If you have any specific ones just post!

There are so many great escape wedding trip reports on here. Check out tiggerificheidi - after reading hers I really wanted an escape - we just have too many people.

So if you look on the left side of the screen there are little enveloppe boxes. I have never really figured them out but I think they have an arrow or something on them for threads that you have posted to. Maybe someone else can explain better.

Also if you go into USER CP on the left side of the dark blue bar you can add a link to your PJ on your signature - you can also add photos there and on the left side (I think called an avitar).

It took me the longest time to figure it out - and I am not sure that I really have. I assume the first D is disney - but why????

DF - Disney Fiancee
DH - Disney Husband
DBF - Disney Boyfriend
DD - Disney Daughter
DS - Disney Son

DFTW - Disney Fairytale Weddings
WP - Wedding Pavillion
umm lets see
There are a bunch! If you have any specific ones just post!
okay thanks.

I was up til 2am the other night reading different people's threads. I will have a look at that you mentioned.

I cant find tiggerificheidi thread. I have tried searching that user name. Dont know if Im doing it right.

I am ready that many different threads Im forgetting where I saw what. If I have commented on someone's thread is there a quicker way of finding it again or do I have to go through list. I have started writing people's user names down now.

You can also subscribe to threads. While you are in a thread look at the blue box at the top- on the right are a few options and the one closest to the middle says "thread tools". Click on that then click "subscribe to this thread". You will then be able to find those threads in your "user CP". Hope that helps! You probably look like this right now reading through everyone's PJ's:surfweb:... these boards are so addicting:rotfl: especially in the beginning. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter