"Hopper" Role in WDW

ArielinWonderland

Mouseketeer
I am a CP in Disneyland right now, and while I love it here, I'm looking into applying for the WDW program next semester to do something different.

The roles offered there are somewhat different, and I was wondering if anyone knows what "hopper" means? It's listed under "Operations," along with Attractions, Custodial, PhotoPass Photographer, Main Entrance Operations and Transportation.

I'm assuming this means you will go where needed, but how does training work for this? Do you get trained in all of these areas?

Also, does anyone know what roles are available for Full-Service Food and Beverage? I'm currently working at a Full-Service location in Disney California Adventure as a food prep, and was wondering if in WDW you might be back of house as well, or a server or what?

I am a CP in Disneyland right now, and while I love it here, I'm looking into applying for the WDW program next semester to do something different.

The roles offered there are somewhat different, and I was wondering if anyone knows what "hopper" means? It's listed under "Operations," along with Attractions, Custodial, PhotoPass Photographer, Main Entrance Operations and Transportation.

I'm assuming this means you will go where needed, but how does training work for this? Do you get trained in all of these areas?

Also, does anyone know what roles are available for Full-Service Food and Beverage? I'm currently working at a Full-Service location in Disney California Adventure as a food prep, and was wondering if in WDW you might be back of house as well, or a server or what?

A hopper just does basic roles i think. Anything that only requires basic training. They just schedule you where ever they need you.

I believe for a hopper you are kind of in a different job every day. I'm not quite sure which ones but I wanna say it includes custodial, main entrance, QSFB and another. the website changed so i'm not sure :) Also, for full service food and beverage you are usually a seater for restaurants not so much a server. There is also Quick Service Food and Beverage where they do back of house in some places such as resorts where I worked.

My friend's boyfriend is technically a hopper but they placed him in transportation for the next 3 months. I don't know how typical that is though.

I've never actually met anyone who's done the hopper role, but it sounds like you're at one place for a certain amount of time then move to the next. I think you stay at the same place for a few weeks/months and then move to a different role, but I could be wrong.

For Full service food and beverage, you will most likely just be a seater. You will not be a server or in a tipped role

When i did my spring advantage program my bf( at the time)'s roommate was accepted to the program as a hopper, however, he only hopped between merchandise locations, specifically club cool, the pin trading spot and art of disney at epcot

From what I was informed during the interview, you mus be open to Quick Service Food and Beverage, Attractions, Merchandise, and Custodial. They are all listed under the Hopper Role as "You must be open to these roles" on the role choices page.

You can always ask during your phone interview for details on the Hopper role too.

Have a Magical Day! :smickey:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter