Hopping or not?

coronationday

Mouseketeer
I'm going to Disney the first week of January and I'm staying deluxe. While doing dining reservations we ended changing park days so we could eat at some bucketlist places but now we won't be at MK and EP the days they hace extended evening hours. Should I pay to add park hopper so two (of four) cand take advantage of extended evening hour or should I just plan one day per park and miss this perk?

I guess that's up to you. The price to add hopping to your tickets will be the same no matter when you add it or how many days you use it - it's all or none. We've enjoyed the DEEH very much due to the lower crowds, so it would be worth it to us. Also, we're not rope drop folks either, so being able to stay as late as possible in the parks is also important to us.

Thank you for your input, I keep trying to make a decision but I don't know if it's better to bite the bullet now or wait until I'm at disney to do this. Disney is usually a day trip for us so we don't have enough experience to say how we do things and make these kinds of decisions.

If you wont hit the rides in that park on other days I say its worth it.. If you plan on doing the rides and this is a bonus for a few folks than also might be worth it.. if people are one and done.. than prolly not. Also would getting genie+ on the days you are at the parks be cheaper than upgraing to hoppers?

FWIW we love to park hop and do it on every trip. You can enjoy longer days with those extended evening hours and you won't miss MK and EPCOT!

If you wont hit the rides in that park on other days I say its worth it.. If you plan on doing the rides and this is a bonus for a few folks than also might be worth it.. if people are one and done.. than prolly not. Also would getting genie+ on the days you are at the parks be cheaper than upgraing to hoppers?
We already have genie + included, was able to get it way back in may before they stopped offering for length of stay. I don't think for MK we will be able to hit the mountains, HM and SDMT during our day there because we will be going with our grandmother and using genie + on the rides she can get on. I was thinking of using the extended evening hours so my sister and I can do these rides.

I wouldn’t do a trip without park hopping. The time limitations stink but as with anything else these days you need to adjust.

If our group has 1-park 1-day ticket/reservation, can they LATER purchase 1-day Parkhoppers for the following day? (assuming a non-busy time of year)

And link both of those to your hotel stay in MDE…? That would be away to get 1 single-park AND 1parkhopper.

If our group has 1-park 1-day ticket/reservation, can they LATER purchase 1-day Parkhoppers for the following day? (assuming a non-busy time of year)

And link both of those to your hotel stay in MDE…? That would be away to get 1 single-park AND 1parkhopper.
If the day is not sold out of park reservations sure. But you are also prolly paying more doing it that way vs just upgrading current tickets to 2day parkhoppers

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter