Hospital Shooting

PrincessSuzanne

<font color=red>Guess I will be eating crow tonigh
I just wanted to ask for prayers for the staff and families of the staff and victims at the hospital I work in. When I arrived at work today, I was greeted by a shocking sight. There were police and yellow tape everywhere. I spoke with a coworker and my BF and was told that a gunman had just been apprehended in the parking lot. A nurse and unit secretary were shot and killed by a retired school teacher after his mother passed away at the facility in 2004. He also shot an innocent man in the parking lot before being shot in the shoulder by a police office in plain clothes.

If I had left my house as early as I was going to, I could have walked in as this was taking place, but I just missed it by minutes, well actually the aftermath was still taking place. We were placed on lockdown for a while, but then my supervisor sent me and my co-worker home (we work for an outside vendor).

I am still in shock and can't believe it has happened. I knew the unit secretary and just talked with him earlier this week. He was the sweetest person you would ever want to know. My BF actually saw the gunman in the hall with a gun in each hand. This is a small facility so we each know most of the staff on site and it has really hit us all very hard.

Thank you

Suzanne

Just a note to let you know I'm thinking of you and your coworkers! I am sure that must have been scary. It's sad that people turn to something like that...

Just a note to let you know I'm thinking of you and your coworkers! I am sure that must have been scary. It's sad that people turn to something like that...

Thank you. It was scary, because I really didn't know what was going on until I got inside. I had seen a fire marshall, so I thought maybe there had been a fire, because we evacuate the facility when there is and I could see quite a lot of people on the upper deck, but found out what had happened when I got inside. I just found out that I missed it by less tiem than I originally thought, SCARY :scared1: alright. It will be a long time before I feel safe there again, because I work second shift 3pm til 11:30pm

Suzanne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter