• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hotel walls are boring, aka "the one where we got sick"

Ok, so HAVING to be bumped is not a lot of fun...but choosing to and getting the voucher and hotel... and getting to on a "whim" spend the day alone in Epcot. OMG! :faint: I think that sounds like heaven.

What exactly is that drink? A beer? :scratchin I may have to try that in the fall.

Love the shirt, btw! "too many happy people". :rotfl:

Oh and :thumbsup2 on the first class seat!

Ok, so HAVING to be bumped is not a lot of fun...but choosing to and getting the voucher and hotel... and getting to on a "whim" spend the day alone in Epcot. OMG! :faint: I think that sounds like heaven.

What exactly is that drink? A beer? :scratchin I may have to try that in the fall.

Love the shirt, btw! "too many happy people". :rotfl:

Oh and :thumbsup2 on the first class seat!

It was definitely a good day. The only bad part of it was not getting our bags off the plane and not quite getting enough sleep.

It's a beer and it's delicious. Got it at the kiosk in Canada.

As you can see by the name it has cherry involved somehow; have you ever been to a McMenamins restaurant/brewpub here? They have one in Mill Creek, a few in Seattle, then Centralia and Olympia, and a gazillion in the general Portland area. If so, and if you've had a Ruby Ale, it's like that, though with cherry instead of raspberry. Or if you've had a McMenamins Purple Haze, that's made with either marionberries or huckleberries...same idea. And I got it in the big ol' souvenir mug, too. Big beer. Big strong beer.

I keep forgetting. While leaving St Maarten, we stopped at the Guavaberry Rum place. Figured that it's the only place to get it, so why not? (meanwhile, I have a bottle of vodka from 13 years ago that's still half full, I have a normal rum that's had one jigger taken from it, etc...just not big drinkers around here) Royal takes it from you when you get back onboard, but gives it back the last night so you can pack it. I put it in a checked bag, with padding around it and all. Since we didn't expect to get it, I hadn't brought a "wine diaper".

So when we couldn't get our bags off the plane and I knew it was going to sit all night at Seatac waiting for us, oh I was so worried!

When we finally landed at Seatac and went to find our bags, they were out in the open, but all locked together with a bunch of other bags. Kind of genius. The first thing I did was look on the ground around the bag it was in, to see if it was oozing purple booze. Thankfully it was not, the bottle was fine!

DH and DS went to get our car from the offsite lot while I waited in the cold. But because we were flying home (through Newark, even!) the day after the superbowl, we had journalists and photographers and all those sorts of people who had been at The Game, all onboard. Some with their HUGE cameras. Saw one lady, not an anchor, in her bright yellow jacket from komo or king or whatever. :)

And along with them being all around in the airport and outside, I ended up being in the midst of a bunch of SeaGals. (I felt a little old and schlumpy around them, but that's OK...I've since found out how very little they make and how hard they work, so I'll let them be cuter than me, LOL)

Felt kinda bad that it was me waiting there, and not my American Football* fans!

(*since we were in England and Ireland towards the beginning of the World Cup, and since I managed to watch a bit of the Portugal/US game on the flight home from there last month and rather enjoyed aspects of the game, I now must specify "football" vs "American football".)

It was definitely a good day. The only bad part of it was not getting our bags off the plane and not quite getting enough sleep.

It's a beer and it's delicious. Got it at the kiosk in Canada.

As you can see by the name it has cherry involved somehow; have you ever been to a McMenamins restaurant/brewpub here? They have one in Mill Creek, a few in Seattle, then Centralia and Olympia, and a gazillion in the general Portland area. If so, and if you've had a Ruby Ale, it's like that, though with cherry instead of raspberry. Or if you've had a McMenamins Purple Haze, that's made with either marionberries or huckleberries...same idea. And I got it in the big ol' souvenir mug, too. Big beer. Big strong beer.

Ok, so that sounds slightly amazing and I now have to figure out when I am going to be able to go and try one! YUM

I keep forgetting. While leaving St Maarten, we stopped at the Guavaberry Rum place. Figured that it's the only place to get it, so why not? (meanwhile, I have a bottle of vodka from 13 years ago that's still half full, I have a normal rum that's had one jigger taken from it, etc...just not big drinkers around here) Royal takes it from you when you get back onboard, but gives it back the last night so you can pack it. I put it in a checked bag, with padding around it and all. Since we didn't expect to get it, I hadn't brought a "wine diaper".

So when we couldn't get our bags off the plane and I knew it was going to sit all night at Seatac waiting for us, oh I was so worried!

When we finally landed at Seatac and went to find our bags, they were out in the open, but all locked together with a bunch of other bags. Kind of genius. The first thing I did was look on the ground around the bag it was in, to see if it was oozing purple booze. Thankfully it was not, the bottle was fine!

I am so glad it was fin@

I
And along with them being all around in the airport and outside, I ended up being in the midst of a bunch of SeaGals. (I felt a little old and schlumpy around them, but that's OK...I've since found out how very little they make and how hard they work, so I'll let them be cuter than me, LOL)

Felt kinda bad that it was me waiting there, and not my American Football* fans!

:rotfl: Yeah, I guess they can be cute (right now) I mean seriously how are they gonna look in 20 years?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter