Hotel with shuttles Miami and Port Everglades

MN Jenfro

Earning My Ears
We will be celebrating my daughters high school graduation with somewhat of a back to back cruise this summer. We are flying in and out of Miami. One cruise leaves out of Miami and when we return, we will be headed to FLL to hop on another ship the next day. I am looking for advise on hotel and transportation options. Lots of moving pieces on this one, but, it's what she wanted. :) Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks all!!

Just to be clear, is the second cruise the same day you get off the first one? Or do you need a hotel in Fort Lauderdale? Also, are you willing to fly into/out of different airports?

Just to be clear, is the second cruise the same day you get off the first one? Or do you need a hotel in Fort Lauderdale? Also, are you willing to fly into/out of different airports?
The second cruise is the day after we get off the first cruise. First cruise is out of Miami ending on Friday, Second cruise is out of FLL starting on Saturday. We are flying in and out of Miami.

We have used Brightline Train to travel between Miami and Fort Lauderdale. Liked it very much.

We had an issue with cell reception at the a port of Miami; ended up with a taxi to the Miami Central train station instead of rideshare. The trains and stations are new, clean, with friendly staff.

Brightline has options between their stations and hotels - this is evolving, adding more options, as they build out their business.

For hotel in Miami after arriving at that airport, I stayed at a Courtyard in LeJeune Road. They had free hotel shuttle from the airport; shared with the Marriott and the Residence Inn at the same campus - each had its own swimming pool.

They offered port shuttle, about $12.50 pp OW, but it required sign-up. I used Lyft, at a time convenient to me. For more than one person, it is a better price.

We stayed at the Hampton Inn in Brickell Downtown; no shuttle, but a nice, walkable area of new development. Close to Publix, Dunkin, Starbucks, many restaurants. I think Disney’s hotel partner is in the neighborhood. Again, we chose rideshare.

Many people recommend the Blue Lagoon area, south of the airport. If you want a free hotel shuttle, I would check out the Marriott campus or the hotels in the a blue Lagoon.

We stayed on Ft Lauderdale visit after arriving (post Miami cruise) at the aft Lauderdale Station. They transported us to our hotel.

I expect to pay for a shuttle from hotel to cruise port. But most are close and can be reached with rideshare (or paid, often booked with hotel front desk).

Dania Beach area in Fort Lauderdale is popular with cruisers. But it’s not a beachfront hotel area.

Just stayed in Miami for a cruise on a different cruise line. We stayed at the Embassy Suites Miami Airport which had an included shuttle from the airport to the hotel and then the hotel to the port (did have to pay for this --- we booked it as included in the room package, but people who booked it when they arrived at the hotel just paid the driver $12pp once they boarded). As all Embassy Suites do, the room price included breakfast and a cocktail hour (5-7pm) at night. Clean, spacious place. Pool included. Hotel restaurant was good as well for dinner after a long travel day. Highly recommend.

We had a similar experience at the Hilton Garden Inn Miami airport west. Great hotel with a free shuttle from airport and paid shuttle to cruise port. We stayed a couple nights and got a car at the airport for a day and did a Little Havana food tour and Everglades the day before the cruise. We returned the car that night and took the shuttle back to the hotel. It worked great.

I can only help with Miami, but we stayed at Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay the evening before our cruise last summer. It is a beautiful hotel and you are able to book a room with a view of the marina and port. For us, it was a perfect start to our cruise. The restaurant onsite was very good, and there are several breakfast offerings as well. We did not utilize their shuttle to the port but instead used an Uber. It was maybe $12 and we were dropped off right at the terminal we needed to be. I highly recommend it!

Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay

PXL_20230615_005532698.jpgPXL_20230615_130335137.MP.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20230615_125656668.MP.jpg
    PXL_20230615_125656668.MP.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter