• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-board to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hotels in the Los Angeles area

TimNDansMom

DIS Veteran
Well, we were going to stay our first couple of nights at the Queen Mary Hotel but after reading several unfavourable trip reports on tripadvisor.com, we are rethinking this. Apparently, a lot of the cabins are in poor repair, having not been updated yet. I was very disappointed to read all about this.

So I've been looking at other possibilities and really don't know what area to look in. I've been reading Frommers.com and thought that the Millennium-Biltmore Hotel sounded interesting but not sure about staying downtown.

Also looked at the Magic Castle Hotel in Hollywood which sounds like a great location but sounds like the hotel is being renovated and there are still old rooms you could end up in from what I read on tripadvisor.

There's lots of hotels in between but could do with some advice.

It is just DH and me this trip and we thought we'd relax and do a bit of sight-seeing for a couple of days before heading down to San Diego for a few days and then back up to the Disneyland area.

do you HAVE to be near LA ??

If you just want some days to relax by the beach then I highly suggest
the 'Surf & Sand Resort' in Laguna Beach. Directly on the ocean - all rooms have ocean views.

How much is your nightly room budget ?
This place will run you $350.00 to $400.00 but TRUST ME !!! It's heaven ....

photo_main16.jpg

photo_main2.jpg

photo_main4.jpg

LOL, that DOES look gorgeous RalphMouth but that's a little out of our budget plus we also have to add on the exchange for our Canadian dollar.

I was thinking for our stay in the San Diego area, that we might try for more of a beach hotel.

The first couple of nights I thought we'd spend in the LA area and start to do some sight-seeing...nothing too vigourous, maybe just a Trolley Tour, shopping. We thought it would be so cool to stay on the Queen Mary so now I'm trying to decide what to replace it with.

We have a week booked in the Disneyland area at the end of our trip and we'll have a day or two available there, for any LA sight-seeing we may still want to do.

Lollipop's Mom recently stayed at the Renaissance Hollywood, and I think she & her dd loved their stay there. It's part of the Kodak complex, and their window overlooked the Hollywood sign. They were within walking distance to Mann's Chinese Theater, and from there you could drive to various areas in LA.

Just went to LA this past September and we stayed at the Marriott San Fernando Valley. The hotel is off Ventura Blvd and newly renovated. Our room included a mini fridge and micro. We paid if i remember correctly 149.night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter