Housekeeping Coming Back

poochie

I really need some Disney Magic !!
Housekeeping coming back, but of course only for the Deluxe resorts. The Budget and Moderates are left to the wayside again. :sad2:

I did ear;y "check-in" today and I was offered the option of mousekeeping every other day or to decline the same. I am staying a value resort... so here is hoping

Reactions: Kae
I did ear;y "check-in" today and I was offered the option of mousekeeping every other day or to decline the same. I am staying a value resort... so here is hoping
Hmmm, I did early check in for our stay at POP a couple of weeks ago, saw those 2 choices and just assumed they had not updated the website. Hope we will be able to get clean towels and more coffee supplies

Housekeeping coming back, but of course only for the Deluxe resorts. The Budget and Moderates are left to the wayside again. :sad2:

I was pretty miffed that even staying at a moderate last week...for the price we are paying....they aren't doing full mousekeeping. We actually ran out of the H2O body wash the last day full day....but my wife had some travel ones so I didn't really care. But it would have been nice if they were refilling them.....along with the full service. For the price being paid we should expect it at this point.

From what I've heard, it's a staffing issue. They only have enough housekeeping staff to do what they're doing now. They have held job fairs every month (and have another one coming up in early April) focused on housekeeping, and they are offering higher hourly wages, signing bonuses, etc.. It's a tough labor pool right now.

I think they are starting with the deluxe and will expand to moderates and values as they hire more staff over the next few months.

From what I've heard, it's a staffing issue. They only have enough housekeeping staff to do what they're doing now. They have held job fairs every month (and have another one coming up in early April) focused on housekeeping, and they are offering higher hourly wages, signing bonuses, etc.. It's a tough labor pool right now.

I think they are starting with the deluxe and will expand to moderates and values as they hire more staff over the next few months.
Agreed. To me it makes the most sense to bring it back to Deluxe first as those guests are paying absolutely atrocious room rates these days. They can’t charge $800 or more a night and not offer it much longer. Yes, it would be nice if it was back for everyone but I do believe it will eventually.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter