• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How are December fast passes going?

How feasible do you think this is based on your experience for getting December FP+?

I checked my dates for those rides and here is what I found as of 9:00 pm EDT on 10/17:

Flight of Passage - not available on Dec 18 for 2 people
Na'vi River Journey - plenty of timeslots on Dec 18 available from 12:30 thru 7:00 pm
Mine Train - Dec 19 showing several times between 2 and 5 pm for 2 people
Frozen Ever After - lots of availability for 2 people from 1:00 to 9:00 pm on Dec 21

I checked my dates for those rides and here is what I found as of 9:00 pm EDT on 10/17:

Flight of Passage - not available on Dec 18 for 2 people
Na'vi River Journey - plenty of timeslots on Dec 18 available from 12:30 thru 7:00 pm
Frozen Ever After - lots of availability for 2 people from 1:00 to 9:00 pm on Dec 21
Thanks. Our AK date will be Dec 19, but hopefully if there are still some for NJR on Dec 18th (& still going to cross my fingers there may be one for FOP), there may still be some on Dec 19th when I do our bookings the day after tomorrow.

And if there isn't, we'll just try rope dropping it or maybe some kind gentle soul will release their extra FP+ for FOP and we'll be able to get on it!! :D

We have 5 days in Disney and it doesn't look good for us to get a FoP for December 18 or 7DMT for December 17. I think there is some hope for 7DMT on our second MK day of 12/20, but we only have one other morning at AK 12/21 - and I already have the FPs planned for that evening in Epcot (our favorite park). I would consider doing 2 FP in AK on the 21st to help us get on FoP, but I don't know where to put the 3rd FP in AK. This is our last day and the chance of us getting to AK early isn't good as we must check out of our hotel room. Should I just make a throw away FP for 9 am - then I can hope for a late day FP for something in Epcot? I'm just really bummed out. I really liked the old system so much better!!

So that's my sob story. Tell me it will all work out!!

Also, as I'm making my FP picks in the morning do I have to make all of my picks for one day at the same time, or can I jump from FoP on 12/18 to 7DMT on 12/17 then Toy Story on 12/19? Can I just rank them by how hard they are to get and then start at the top of the list?

Ughh. I'm just feeling overwhelmed!! Thanks in advance for the help. I think I'm getting too old for this!!

I guess I'm bored, but I just now checked to see what is available... Hopefully this can help you gameplan for the morning... I checked a party of 4. Currently no FOP available for 12/18 (First Navi FP @ 12:55). There are a few FOP FPs on 12/21 in the afternoon (earliest @ 3pm). 12/17 has no 7DMT (again, for a party of 4); 12/18 there are a few for 7DMT, 5pm is the earliest.

And to answer your question, absolutely (!!!) do the hard to get FPs first. Don't even worry about finishing those days... you should look for FOP FPs get the best one that works and then do the same for 7DMT. Then take a deep breath and fill in the rest... Good luck!

Just as a quick update, all FPs for FOP gone for Dec 18, Dec 19 :worried:, and only evening slots for Dec 20 (I'm guessing those will be gone tonight). Oh well, looks like I'm rope dropping for FOP on Dec 19, or I won't get a chance to see it at all as I don't want my kiddos are experiencing AK for the first time while I'm waiting in line for 2 hours. Let me know if you're going to drop your FP for one person on Dec 19!! :D

Hope the rest of my FPs will be ok when I book tomorrow!

I just looked at FOP. From December 23 on there are all times available. December 22 is down to afternoon only.

Ugh. This did not go well. For my first day it has me already signed up for ALL of the MK fast passes - except 7DMT (which is the one I wanted) and it won't let me make any reservations! I'm on hold with Disney but chances are we won't get anything decent for our first day. I'm so bummed!!
:headache::headache::headache::headache:

For some strange reason I can see the December FPs -- They end on December 18, however. I have an AP and should only be able to see 30 days in advance, right? I do have a reservation coming up, but it's for October 28-30. My next reservation isn't until March 2018.

I don't want to ruin a good thing, but I'm not looking to book FPs and I want to make sure my MDE is in order before my March reservation. I'd hate to wake up on my booking date and only have access to our first day. Should I call Disney and ask them to take a look at my account?

Ugh. This did not go well. For my first day it has me already signed up for ALL of the MK fast passes - except 7DMT (which is the one I wanted) and it won't let me make any reservations! I'm on hold with Disney but chances are we won't get anything decent for our first day. I'm so bummed!!

Wait. What?!? I'm not sure that I am understanding. If the website is acting glitchy, try using a different browser! Try using the app on your phone. It is common for folks to have issues with specific browsers (and it is not consistent which browsers work best). On my opening day, it wouldn't let me make FP reservations with Firefox but I switched to Internet Explorer and had no problems from there.

For some strange reason I can see the December FPs -- They end on December 18, however. I have an AP and should only be able to see 30 days in advance, right? I do have a reservation coming up, but it's for October 28-30. My next reservation isn't until March 2018.

I don't want to ruin a good thing, but I'm not looking to book FPs and I want to make sure my MDE is in order before my March reservation. I'd hate to wake up on my booking date and only have access to our first day. Should I call Disney and ask them to take a look at my account?

That is normal. You have a 60 day rolling window until you checkout.

Try the App! Or a different browser like firefox etc the app worked better for me

60 days this morning and the website wouldn't work so I used my phone app.

Groups of 3

60 + 1 I got a Na"vi River at 1pm
60 + 5 I got FOP (didn't try any other day for this and didn't look until 5-10 mins into booking)

No issues with 7DMT, Pan or anything else

I got on before 7 EST and waited. Was unable to get Flight of Passage, Navi River Journey, or Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. Didn't even get the ideal times for the other rides either.

Lessons Learned:
  • If you have an annual pass be very careful about when you change days to make selections. It kept kicking me back to October, and one time I did not notice.
  • If you use the app over the website, it will make you scroll all the way to the bottom to modify or change a plan. I appreciated this, as I almost scheduled over one of our three dining reservations.
  • Having the app and the website up at the same time can cause glitches. I noticed that if I was in each one crashed. This confused me as many people were recommending both.
  • It took longer than I expected. We will only be in the parks for 4 days, and it took me 20 minutes. I am going to be very late to work now. Using voice to text as I drive.
For what it's worth, we are a party of two. I was honestly surprised at the availability during our dates- I thought there would be more. I guess people with longer stays are going to be riding all the rides!

60 Day Fastpass results this morning:

12/17 - Na'vi River Journey. 5:00pm which works perfect for our schedule. No FOP available but is fine as we have it for 12/22.
12/18 - Frozen Ever After. 4:05pm would prefer morning but we will take what we can get as we have never rode it. And so far have avoided any spoilers from Youtube ride throughs.
12/19 - 7DMT was available but we have it for Thursday and might ride it during a Christmas Party. This day is my wife's birthday. We have our own mission plan to celebrate!
12/20 - Hollywood Studios Day/Partial Day. We were able to get fastpasses for practically anytime of day it seemed like. With ToT being Tier 2 it made it a lot easier to plan.
12/21 - 7DMT 9:30am which is exactly what I wanted for this day. Hoping for a nice relaxing morning with the larger crowds expected each day.
12/22 - FOP 11:40am woo! There were earlier times but this one fits with our breakfast reservation.

Very happy that all the rides notorious for being unavailable were easy to get. I did get lots of errors that the system couldn't complete the fastpass selection or saw the Olaf page. Had to start over way too much. I thought for sure everything would be gone.

I have never booked fast passes and I am getting a bit anxious about relying on my laptop since most people seem to have issues with the computer and better luck with the app. When we log in on the app it doesn't even seem to have us connected to our reservation even though we have put all that in. Will it all show up on our 60 days (this Sunday)? I don't want to get ready to use it that morning and be unable to book FPs on either the computer or the phone!

I have never booked fast passes and I am getting a bit anxious about relying on my laptop since most people seem to have issues with the computer and better luck with the app. When we log in on the app it doesn't even seem to have us connected to our reservation even though we have put all that in. Will it all show up on our 60 days (this Sunday)? I don't want to get ready to use it that morning and be unable to book FPs on either the computer or the phone!
You should be able to see your tickets, any dining and resort reservations. Now if you click on the fastpass option before your 60 days it will give you a message that there are no tickets linked. (I'm sure I'm off on the exact wording) With today being 60 days it finally updated so I could check fastpasses.

You should be able to see your tickets, any dining and resort reservations. Now if you click on the fastpass option before your 60 days it will give you a message that there are no tickets linked. (I'm sure I'm off on the exact wording) With today being 60 days it finally updated so I could check fastpasses.

Yes, this is exactly what happens. I see all my reservations but when I click the FP it says nothing is linked. Glad to know this is how it looks until the 60 days. Thanks!

So after a lot of frustration I finally did manage to get everything except FoP. Guess we will just wait the 90 minutes if we feel we have to ride that. We don't have any other wait times for the rest of the afternoon/evening (according to TP), so I guess we will just do all of our waiting for one ride - or just skip it. We have had some amazing trips to Disney before FoP, my guess is this one will be amazing with or without it as well.

Thanks to all for the help and encouragement.

For those who weren't able to get the FPs they wanted at 60 days out, don't give up hope yet.

-It is possible to find hard-to-get FPs if you keep looking on MDE and checking availability. That's particularly true before the 30-day window opens for all other guests. As people drop FPs, you may be able to find what you wanted. This summer, I was able to find and reserve FPs for FoP about 2 weeks after the 60 day window opened (and on the morning of my first day, no less). I've seen other posts where people have managed to find FPs the week, or even the day, before for hard-to-get rides.

-Disney has only updated park hours through December 9. The hours for the rest of December will almost certainly increase (for example, MK is scheduled to close at 9 pm on non-party nights the week of December 18 - those hours likely will go to midnight or 1 am when new hours are announced). Whenever updated hours are posted, more FPs will flood MDE. Based on past instances, the FPs will include all time slots - not just slots for the new hours.

It may take some (or a lot of) perseverance and it's not guaranteed, but it is possible and seems to have a fairly high success rate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter