• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How are the Pool temps, mines freezing!!!

RayJay

DIS Veteran
OK, my pool temperature is 78 degrees, very refreshing but could use a warm up.

Going to Disney in 2 days, hope the pools are warmer!!!!!!

I mean it's July 4th, you think we could swim in warmer water already!

RayJay

We were at BWV last week. Not sure of the exact temp of the pool, but after a hot and humid day at the parks, it sure felt good. We went swimming in the rain one afternoon and the water felt warmer than the air did at the time.

Have a fun trip. :sunny:

RayJay said:
OK, my pool temperature is 78 degrees, very refreshing but could use a warm up.

Going to Disney in 2 days, hope the pools are warmer!!!!!!

I mean it's July 4th, you think we could swim in warmer water already!

RayJay

In the winter they keep the pool temps around 82 degrees, in the summer nature pretty much keeps the temps up, it is after all warmer in central Florida then CT.

Pa@okw95 said:
In the winter they keep the pool temps around 82 degrees, in the summer nature pretty much keeps the temps up, it is after all warmer in central Florida then CT.

Yes Pa, thanks, I am just complaining about our cool temps, actually it's been beautiful here in CT. Last week was horrible though.

You know, I've been in the pools at WDW in Dec/Jan and if they are 82 and my pool today was 78, 4 degrees is a big difference. I always thought WDW pools were warm anytime of the year, naturally more so in summer.

There was a while there I thought my first swim this year was going to be at Disney.

RayJay

I just came in from watching the fireworks the neighbor kids were setting off. We were in sitting in our pool and the temp is 84 degrees. We live in northern middle Tennessee, so I can only guess how warm the pools at Disney must be!

Ours has been holding between 91 and 92 all week. It was really hot here all of June (12+ days of 90 or higher) and we've had a ton of sunshine. The pool is really warm, but the grass is all dead since there's been virtually no rain (we did have a hail storm on Friday) for over a month!

We're hot and dry here in Missouri too. Our pool temp has been between 92-96 the last 2-3 weeks. What a change from last summer when we had cool & rainy weather most of the summer.

Donna

donmil723 said:
We're hot and dry here in Missouri too. Our pool temp has been between 92-96 the last 2-3 weeks. What a change from last summer when we had cool & rainy weather most of the summer.

Donna
OMG, us too! We used the pool exactly twice from May to September last year and the water temp was never above 74. We really were freaking since we put it in last year! This year it has been wonderful, worth every dime and then some.

:wave: Hey there RayJay! Waving at you from the Connecticut Shoreline...
We've had our pool for 3 summers now and I have never, ever seen the temperature above 80 degrees. It's around 76-78 now and that's with a solar cover. We have 2 trees that shade the pool too much and last summer downright stunk here in CT. I'm begging DH for a heater, but he thinks it's a waste for the amount of time we get to use the pool here anyway. :rolleyes: I guess I'd rather buy a few points with that money anyway. :rotfl:

Divamomto3 said:
:wave: Hey there RayJay! Waving at you from the Connecticut Shoreline...
We've had our pool for 3 summers now and I have never, ever seen the temperature above 80 degrees. It's around 76-78 now and that's with a solar cover. We have 2 trees that shade the pool too much and last summer downright stunk here in CT. I'm begging DH for a heater, but he thinks it's a waste for the amount of time we get to use the pool here anyway. :rolleyes: I guess I'd rather buy a few points with that money anyway. :rotfl:

OK now I don't feel alone, but we leave tommorrow for AKL and SSR so it's warm water and hurricanes. Yippeee!!!

RayJay

I'm from Maine, so 78 degrees is sounding like bathwater to me. Heck, any time the pond ain't frozen is swimmin' weather for us! So we'd be happy to come swim in your pool ;)

I'm so sorry about your pool temps in the NE. Here in MI we've spiked at 92. I don't think we've gone below 80 in 6 weeks. (I'd like to share with you and find a happy medium. It's been a little too hot here for my taste!)

wtpclc said:
I'm so sorry about your pool temps in the NE. Here in MI we've spiked at 92. I don't think we've gone below 80 in 6 weeks. (I'd like to share with you and find a happy medium. It's been a little too hot here for my taste!)

And here I was thinking that Michigan is cold year round?

Must be lower Michigan.

Happy swimming.

RayJay

pumpkinboy said:
I'm from Maine, so 78 degrees is sounding like bathwater to me. Heck, any time the pond ain't frozen is swimmin' weather for us! So we'd be happy to come swim in your pool ;)

Heck no, I've seen commericials about Maine!!!!

You guys love cold water.

RayJay

wtpclc said:

Yes, we're in lower MI and our pool is in full sun. If oyu were in teh upper peninsula or the upper part of teh LP, it'd be a very different story. AS it is, we are having unusually hot weather this year. Got to brag about teh pool temps when I've got 'em, 'cause I don't know when it'll be this warm again!

My pool was 96 one day recently. It is staying 82-86 even at night now. BTW, the weather here is terribly hot and HUMID. Heat index 104 today! :earseek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter