How bad does a drill sargent have to be to get fired?

Serena

<font color=navy>Not afraid of canned biscuits<br>
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know any details, but that's what I hear happened to one of my daughter's drill sargents. He got fired over his treatment of her.

For some unknown reason I haven't gotten any of the letters she's sent me. But I talked to one of her friends and that's what he told me she said. He said there wasn't any details except that.

I feel so bad for her, and I can't do anything. I'm writing, but that doesn't feel like it's enough. I want to stomp on someone, but I can't do that either.

Not that bad...in todays military you can get fired and/or demoted for "verbally assulting" a private

I thought verbally assaulting is something drill sargents did.

They can "verbally assualt" the entire group but they are not supposed to single out an individual at all. When I was a Military Training Instructor (MTI) at Lackland AFB many years ago we got around that by whispering in the trainees ear - no one else could hear and it was always their word against ours (well not so much mine I was considered a cookies and milk MTI as in I was so nice other MTIs accused me of giving my trainees cookies and milk before they went to bed ;)).

Aw, Tori, from watching tv, I think you might have gotten kicked out of club for that. :teeth:

thanks rj :hug:

DH was a drill instructor for 3.5 years, and in that time I remember several things that would get someone fired. The most blatent reasons would be for physical violence or sexual harrassment. Other reasons could include failure for the company to meet progress standards, offenses related to political correctness (race, religion, etc.), setting poor personal and military examples, or unduly risking the health and safety of recruits. One drill instructor we knew got fired for making recruits do pushups on hot concrete and a couple of them got blisters on their hands....another got fired for harshly berating a recruit that was afraid of swimming. Then, of course, there were a few that actually slept with recruits (male and female)...reprehensible.

Serena said:
I thought verbally assaulting is something drill sargents did.

If our Drill Sarge didn't verbally assualt on a daily basis, we felt unloved. :rotfl2:

I found out he had 18 complaints about it, mostly over his treatment of my daughter. She only had to deal with him for two weeks before he was moved elsewhere.

ToriLammy said:
They can "verbally assualt" the entire group but they are not supposed to single out an individual at all. When I was a Military Training Instructor (MTI) at Lackland AFB many years ago we got around that by whispering in the trainees ear - no one else could hear and it was always their word against ours (well not so much mine I was considered a cookies and milk MTI as in I was so nice other MTIs accused me of giving my trainees cookies and milk before they went to bed ;)).

You didn't whisper at the snake pit did you? ;)

I was dorm chief, and the first morning that they had me march the flight to breakfast by ourselves, I took us to the wrong squadron. :earseek: The chow runner went in, stayed a few minutes, and came out white as a sheet and shaking. She said something so quietly I couldn't hear it, and I asked her to repeat it...she could barely whisper "They want to see YOU in there, right now..." Not a great way to start the day. :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

casndan said:
Not that bad...in todays military you can get fired and/or demoted for "verbally assulting" a private

If that was the case every DI I came in contact should lose their job...this was back in 1990 but still.

Ah but the rules have chaned since I was a private :earseek: -they could single you out -and it was pretty tuff-but I made it through-but now it's a lot stricter-sorry to hear about your daughter :guilty: -I went thru basic with 50 other girls -it was stressful but a great accomplishment-hope she will feel ok about this and realize it wasn't anything she did-it was a personality fault on the Drill's part

Well, I did find out what happened to him.

There were 18 complaints, most were of sexual harrassment, or that's what I was told. And 27 total statements.

He was demoted, fined and moved to another unit. From what the girls and women told me, he has behaved since then.

Bri told me the FS was furious. He said those kids in basic were his kids and no one would treat them like that and get away with it.

I'm just glad someone listened and it was taken care of. We meet all kinds of hateful people, it's how we deal with it that counts.

Serena said:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know any details, but that's what I hear happened to one of my daughter's drill sargents. He got fired over his treatment of her.

For some unknown reason I haven't gotten any of the letters she's sent me. But I talked to one of her friends and that's what he told me she said. He said there wasn't any details except that.

I feel so bad for her, and I can't do anything. I'm writing, but that doesn't feel like it's enough. I want to stomp on someone, but I can't do that either.
i was wondering how she was. I hope she got the letters and pics my son sent her. I hope everything is ok

I will double check with her just to make sure she got them. :)

Maliki2 said:
If that was the case every DI I came in contact should lose their job...this was back in 1990 but still.
NO,Kidding.I swear in the marines the DI"s got up every day and decided which recruits they would single out that day..Maybe it's different depending on the branch

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter