How bad is World Showcase (not F&W booths) on F&W weekends?

It's insane and starts early. I found a ton of Bridal parties, bachelor parties, and other groups starting to drink around the world starting very early and it gets worse as the day goes on. It's pretty much wall to wall people in the walking areas. When we were there, they shut down the parking lots because they were full.

I had no idea of the parking lot being full since we walked over from our room at BW.

We spent the week of Oct 22 to Oct 27 in Epcot and other parks. The crowds and lines were very manageable until Saturday. By noon the lines were 40 people long for the booths in the festival and the walkways were jammed. There are a few pinch points around the countries that were almost not passable. We survived but it was not very festive.

I'm hoping Saturday will be a bit better than Sunday this weekend. Those running the half marathon are going to have to get up really early on Sunday, so they'll hopefully not be up drinking around the world at 10pm on Saturday. Sunday night after all the races are run, though...I can only imagine how hard some of them will be partying.

Oh boy, these reports have me very worried. Is the insanity there for the international festival of holidays? We will be there Saturday, December 15, hoping to enjoy WS.

There are no non-festival parts of the World Showcase on a Saturday. It will ALL be mobbed. The walkways, the shops, all other food vendors besides the booths, the bathrooms. Don't even try walking past as the concerts at America Gardens are letting out in the evening. Go when most of the locals aren't there.

Future World will be fine. The locals won't be there for the rides.

Last edited:
I did Saturday and Sunday, September 22nd + 23rd this year. It was pretty crowded but manageable. There was a 20 minute wait for "Gran Fiesta Tour Starring the Three Caballeros" if that tells you anything. Food lines were long but moved really quickly.

Oh boy, these reports have me very worried. Is the insanity there for the international festival of holidays? We will be there Saturday, December 15, hoping to enjoy WS.

It my experience no. It's still crowded because it's a weekend, but not directly related to the holiday festival. At least not IMHO.

There are no non-festival parts of the World Showcase. It will ALL be mobbed. The walkways, the shops, all other food vendors besides the booths, the bathrooms. Don't even try walking past as the concerts at America Gardens are letting out in the evening. Go when most of the locals aren't there.

Future World will be fine. The locals won't be there for the rides.

PLENTY of crowded booths in Future World as well!

Thanks, everyone! Sounds like we should just enjoy our one weekday in Epcot and not try to add the early evening on Saturday. It doesn't sound like we'd enjoy ourselves at all, and I don't want to start the trip with a negative experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter