How comfortable is it, really?

ImTempest

Mouseketeer
I'm questioning the comfort level of the convertible sofa in studio at the Grand Californian. My poor son has been subjected to some of the most uncomfortable sleeper sofas ever, so I'd really like to know if these are okay, or should I just book a regular hotel room with two regular beds?

Our oldest DS(16) slept on it this past November and said it was comfortable. He said it was on par with the sleeper sofa in the VWL, the ones at Disney seem to have a thicker more sturdy frame with no bar. Other DS(12) slept on the pull down murphy bed (1bdrm) and really liked it.

When we went to VGC in 2010, my husband was sick so I slept on the fold out couch the whole week (long story). It was good, I am very picky about my bedding and I did fine with the fold out in the studio.

Our son (19) has slept on the sofa bed in many DVC villas including VGC. In fact we will be at VGC next month and he has no complaints. As well our daughter has slept on the murphy bed/sleeper chair options and also has no issues.

Thanks all for the info! We want to rent a studio at VGC so we can save points and stay more nights, but I didn't want to do that at the expense of my son getting a good night's sleep. I feel so much better now!

I don't know who will be sleeping on the pullout, but our Son-in-law slept on a 1 br. pullout and now will not go back to disney. Most recently our daughter, 28, slept on a studio pullout for one night and had to sleep on the regular sofa the rest of the trip. I opened up the pullout once and that was enough, way too uncomfortable for me to sleep on, but I do like a comfortable bed. JM2C

It's actually not that bad. My mother and I took turns sleeping on it. For kids, I don't think it's an issue.

DW and I slept on one for 5 nights a couple years ago as we were hosting family and we gave up the bedrooms to them. It was the most comfortable pullout I've ever slept on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter