How did James Marsden get chosen to play Cyclops in the X-Men movies?

DodgerGirl

Crazy For The Mandalorian
Every time I have seen Disney's Enchanted I can't get over how James Marsden who played Prince Edward in Enchanted is also Cyclops in the X-Men movies and I find it hard to believe that they chose James Marsden for the role of Cyclops because the first ever movie I saw James Marsden in was Hairspray and I would love to know why James Marsden was chosen to play Cyclops in the X-Men movies because when I have seen James Marsden he looks more like a comedian or a game show host but as a X-Men character he certainly shocked me as Cyclops

Marsden played Cyclops for the first time in 2000. Years before Enchanted, Hairspray and other (romantic) comedy movies.

His experience before Cyclops were other genres like horror and thrillers.

After Cyclops casting directors probably saw he has a talent for comedy. And they started casting him in comedies.

So Cyclops was James Marsden's first Marvel role? I was surprised at how well James played Cyclops and I can see why it led James Marsden to become a big actor and I didn't even know who James Marsden was until I watched Hairspray and he was great in that film and he even sung too. I wonder if James Marsden will keep playing Cyclops in the X-Men movies for a while because he's cool in the role

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter