How did Splat come to be in Strange World and does he make sounds too?

DodgerGirl

Crazy For The Mandalorian
Ever since I got my Splat plush I always wondered how in Strange World Splat came to be? I do know from the previews Ethan Clade is chased by Splat in a cave and so Ethan wonders what is chasing him and he discovered it was Splat all along and so Ethan names him Splat and they form a wonderful friendship. Does Splat make sounds too because when I see Strange World's previews Splat sounds kind of like Flubber and makes whimpering and crying sounds

Ever since I got my Splat plush I always wondered how in Strange World Splat came to be? I do know from the previews Ethan Clade is chased by Splat in a cave and so Ethan wonders what is chasing him and he discovered it was Splat all along and so Ethan names him Splat and they form a wonderful friendship. Does Splat make sounds too because when I see Strange World's previews Splat sounds kind of like Flubber and makes whimpering and crying sounds

Splat's true nature is integral to the plot of the movie. He does make some squeaky sounds.

Disney has a long history of characters like Splat. Non-talking / sound making sidekicks are normal in Disney movies. They are usually animals. Sometimes they are just there, but often they advance the plot in some way. They are usually marketable for Disney to make merchandise from.

Snow White: Dopey
Alice in Wonderland: Dinah
Sleeping Beauty: all the forest animals.
The rescuers: Evinrude
Black Cauldron: Hen Wen
Beauty and the Beast: The footstool
Aladdin: Carpet
Pocahontas: Flit & Meeko
Hunchback: Djali
Hercules: Pegasus
Mulan: Crikee
Rapunzel: Pascal & Maximus
Frozen: Sven
Moana: Heihei and Pua
Raya: Tuktuk
Encanto: The house

And I am probably forgetting a few.

Splat's true nature is integral to the plot of the movie. He does make some squeaky sounds.
Oh so Splat makes squeaky sounds in Strange World? That's really cute Brian. I fell in love with Splat when I first saw the Strange World previews and found him really cute and adorable and ever since I saw him I got my Splat plush and love cuddling him so much at bedtime. My dad thinks Splat is weird and didn't know who he was when I got my Splat plush at first but Dad finds Splat funny now

Who provided Splat's voice in Strange World? Because his squeaky sounds are similar to Abu's sounds in Aladdin and does Splat also make crying sounds too? Because it sounds like Frank Welker does Splat's voice and I wonder if it is Frank Welker? I still find Splat so cute and he really is so funny in Strange World?

Did Disney get the inspiration to design Splat from the Nickelodeon splat logo? Because it seems that Splat is the exact same splat logo from Nickelodeon but blue colored rather than orange. Also what made Disney decide to name the character Splat? Because I know when you make messes or spill something on a wall it makes a splat sound and that I found odd. I love learning facts about Splat from Strange World because he's my favorite character of the movie and is so adorable

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter