How did you meet your Significant Other?

My DH and I met at the grocery store we both worked at when we were in high school. He was a "dairy" boy, and I was a "produce" girl. We used to go into the dairy cooler and do whip cream shots together until we realized we were sending waaayyy to many cases of whip cream back to the manufacturer because "for some strange reason, they were all flat and couldn't be sold to the customers". Come to think of it, it's no wonder my gray matter is slightly depleted. And to think I always blame that on my kids, lol. :confused3
Anyway, chalk up another "high school sweethearts" story here ~ just last year we celebrated our 20th anniversary (I was 21 and he was 20 when we married, he was just slightly embarrassed that I had to buy his beers for him at our reception, lol and we're still going strong ~ he is still my best friend in the whole world!

I haven't been on the boards this week...this is fun.

DH and I met in college. We attended a small college in a small town that the only place to go dancing was at the hotel bars. Friday and Saturday nights, we would all go to the local hotel bar to dance. One night, I was waiting for my boyfriend to come in from Houston and was sitting at a table. There was a guy sitting across the table and I said "Say something damnit, you're boring" He said "I don't have say anything to you B*&^%". That's how we met. We didn't like each other and only began dating because our roommates began dating so we would double date. When it became serious, we had a college professor try to talk us out of dating. DH was a basketball player and the prof didn't like jocks but he liked me. :rotfl:

We dated 3 years and next month we will be married 32 years and our twins will turn 17. To think it all began in a Holiday Inn in a small town in the Texas Hill Country with an ugly introduction. What's funny is that I have never heard my husband use the B word again...at least not out loud. ;)

I couldn't have wished for a better life or better soul mate. It's been good and keeps getting better. :love:

Kroger meat dept., best piece of meat he ever bought.:lmao:

We married four months later and have been married for 13 years.

I haven't been on the boards this week...this is fun.

DH and I met in college. We attended a small college in a small town that the only place to go dancing was at the hotel bars. Friday and Saturday nights, we would all go to the local hotel bar to dance. One night, I was waiting for my boyfriend to come in from Houston and was sitting at a table. There was a guy sitting across the table and I said "Say something damnit, you're boring" He said "I don't have say anything to you B*&^%". That's how we met. We didn't like each other and only began dating because our roommates began dating so we would double date. When it became serious, we had a college professor try to talk us out of dating. DH was a basketball player and the prof didn't like jocks but he liked me. :rotfl:

We dated 3 years and next month we will be married 32 years and our twins will turn 17. To think it all began in a Holiday Inn in a small town in the Texas Hill Country with an ugly introduction. What's funny is that I have never heard my husband use the B word again...at least not out loud. ;)

I couldn't have wished for a better life or better soul mate. It's been good and keeps getting better. :love:

Always amazed when people are together despite a rocky start. Thanks for sharing. This is fun.

I met my hubby at the worst place to meet someone... a bar! He saw me on the dance floor and couldn't resist my moves.. hahahaha :rotfl: I can't type that wihout laughing! Believe it or not I actually let him drive me home that night which is something I have NEVER done before. Go Figure:thumbsup2

We knew each other as toddlers. My mother used to babysit for him and his brothers and sisters. We became friends in middle school where i had a huge crush on him. After 9th grade i didnt see him again until after i was divorced from first husband and moved back home. I ran into him in a local bar and I said, "Where have you been all these years, werent we supposed to get married?". He looked at his watch and said "how bout tomorrow". Of course we didnt get married then, but we dated for a while and have been VERY happily married for 16 years now. :lovestruc

DW and I used to work in the same office. She was in the Navy and I was a contractor. I was sitting with a friend in one of the conference rooms when she walked in and I told my friend right then I was going to marry her. Shortly after that she went on leave for several months due to a medical issue. Me being the social dork that I was, I had to be prodded, physically, into asking her out so it wasn't until 6 months after I laid eyes on her that we had our first date. Six months to the day after our first date I drunkenly asked her to marry me at a Xmas party. She did give me an out the next morning after I sobered up but I didn't take it. She knew I was serious when I called my Mom. Seventeen and a half years married and still going strong.

We knew each other as toddlers. My mother used to babysit for him and his brothers and sisters. We became friends in middle school where i had a huge crush on him. After 9th grade i didnt see him again until after i was divorced from first husband and moved back home. I ran into him in a local bar and I said, "Where have you been all these years, werent we supposed to get married?". He looked at his watch and said "how bout tomorrow". Of course we didnt get married then, but we dated for a while and have been VERY happily married for 16 years now. :lovestruc

:wizard: Destiny...you were meant to be...very sweet.:lovestruc

I enjoyed reading all of these stories!! All of them are great!!!:goodvibes

Man...this is so familiar to me....local party scenes, roadside parties, blasted guys doing idiotic stuff to impress babes in mini-skirts.....BonJovi, Cinderella or Ratt blasting out of the back of somebody's Trans-am. Those sure were the good ol'times!!

lol how about Led Zeplin, Jimi Hendrix, Alman(sp) Brothers

We met online 12 years ago during a blizzard. We were both stranded at home and I was board and he had just placed a personal ad. I did a search for single guys who lived close by and his popped up. By reading his profile we had A LOT in common so I replied. That was on a Wed and that Sat we went to dinner and a movie. We have been married for 9 years.

My husband and I knew each other from school but didn't date in school.
We were dating a few months and got engaged. Just knew he was the one. Have been married now for 14 years this November. :lovestruc
Not very exciting but it is what it is.

We met in the foodcourt at the mall when I was 14 and he was 16.

I turned to my best friend Kevin and said "I'm going to marry that kid one day" we started dating shortly after and have been together ever since 11 years strong, married for 4 of them :lovestruc

For many years I was singing in a band based in Jacksonville Fl. Lisa was dating a guy that knew some of the other band members. This was the first show at this bar that just happened to be a strip club. During one of the breaks, I decided to stop by and talk to the pretty blond ( yes it was Lisa ). Lucky for me, the guitar player decided to take a picture ( see our avatar ). After talking with her for most of my free time the rest of the night, we exchanged phone numbers and decided to try and meet up later in the week. I asked her about the guy she was with and she told me that it was not a boyfriend but, she was having a problem getting him out of her life. Since my email address was on the bands website, Lisa started to email me and we started to get really close. We were not dating at this point, just being friends and getting to know each other. Well, I had recently went through a divorce and so had she so we talked alot and dated for about a year. For some reason, I had a rough spell where I thought I should try and give my ex-wife another chance. This of course did not work out and Lisa understandably ceased all talking to me as if I didn't exist. After a realized what a bad idea it was to try and get back with my ex, I also realized what a wonderful woman I had let go. I told most of my friends that Lisa was the one that got away and that if I ever had a chance again, I would not let her go. Sometime later, I started checking in on her via E-mail and eventually, another friend of hers brought her to another show. The door didn't fly open but, it did open a little and I put my foot in it and refused to let her walk away again. It hasn't been that long but, we have our fourth anniversary this November. How often can you meet and Marry a woman that you meet in a strip club that owns a wing business. Dream girl????? I think so!!!!

good story Mike. I met my wife at a club where she was dancing.

I met my dh, Patrick while taking classes in a local community college. I was on the verge of breaking up with my current boyfriend, Chris. My current and I had already planned a New Year's Eve weekend (at Disneyworld...lol)and I just knew that it was going to make us or break us. I had started already talking to Patrick right before the trip. After the trip and the disaster ride home from Florida, I called Patrick and we went out. I thought it was just going to be friends. A month after our first get together, and a whole month talking in before and after classes, we started going out exclusively - that was in February 1996. We got engaged just over 2 years later and married in October 1999. Where was our honeymoon?! DisneyWorld, of course:lovestruc
We're still happy and together with two daughters, (the oldest of which is a "Disney souvenir" :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter