How did your Thanksgiving go?

missymouse3367

<font color=navy>Loves Godiva<br><font color=green
Ok how did it go? Did everyones meal turn out well? Any mess ups? Ours turned out well. My DH made the turkey, he deep fried it. It was great. We hade a good day. Lots to be thankful for. Now onto the preparations for Christmas. Does anyone have something that they have to make for christmas? I always have to make the carmel corn (it is one of Santas favorites). Hope all went well for everyones thanksgiving.
Missy :)

I've been wondering, too, how all the first timers made out with their meals/turkeys/sides! C'mon, let us know. :D

I think I finally have the FuFu recipe down for our family. I reduced the spices to 1 Tbl each (using fresh from the spice store anyway) and used ~1/2 can of College Inn broth as the liquid. The last time DH wanted me to try milk - but the chicken broth is the answer. (The Boma recipe came without any liquid in it.)

I also tried my own variation of some recipes I saw for filling (stuffing/dressing.) I still haven't gotten brave enough to try using sausage in it, but I did throw in some apple and then some dried cherries. We really liked it!

Messing with the stuffing recipe is kind of scary - if you mess it up, there's a WHOLE LOT of non-edible stuff there & you can't go back & do it over! ;)

As for C'mas . . . I'm still worrying about getting crafts done & haven't really finalized things yet. I am planning a Disney brunch, though.

My youngest son has been doing Thanksgiving at his house for the past several years. He is a fabulous cook. He does all the hot stuff and we all bring the extras. He came home from work Wednesday evening sick and informed my DDIL that she might have to do the cooking. She is a sweetheart, but she is just learning to cook. He said he would do what he could and coach her from the sidelines. She did a wonderful job.

Among other things I made the FuFu recipe. I had never eaten it so I didn't know what it was supposed to look or taste like. I did add some of the potato water as it seemed a bit dry without it. It was a big hit among those who were sweet potato eaters. As an after thought I made a batch of rice crispy treats. I thought the children would enjoy them. Every time I passed the tray they seemed to be disappearing. Later I found out it was the adults that were wolfing them down.

The company was wonderful as usual. I enjoy my DDIL's family. They are really good people. It was also wonderful having all my family together too. I took a lot of pictures. It was a wonderful opportunity to get multigenerational pictures. I also used someone's suggestion of having everyone write out what they are thankful for on a card stock leaf. Somehow I'll build a scrapbook page around them.

Yes, I think Thanksgiving turned out to be a good day. Now it's time to kick into Christmas mode. I heard my first Christmas song this morning on the radio.

chessie

It was fine. But I put my turkey in too early and it was done before the guests arrived. Oh well. It is hard to guess when it will be done.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter