How do Add ons work?

ketof

Earning My Ears
Just returned from a Disney Cruise (8/25-9/1) and signed up for DVC while on the cruise. I am awaiting contract paperwork for 300 points at HHI to be Fedexed any day now.

I have read through a number of posts and have come across threads regarding add ons. How do they work? By buying a small number of points at another location, what benefits do you get for them (i.e., eligibility to book 11 mos in advance)? Can you transfer points from one location to another? Is it covered in the DVC Guide that I will receive soon?

Thanks

Everything is in your membership handbook! However, it is tough to read through it all.

Here's a summary: You can reserve 11 mo in advance at HH (your home location), 7 mo in advance at all others. Conceigers, collections, cruise and adventures are 11 mo advance! To do these, you have to pay a transfer fee of $75 for each reservation plan.

If you add on (whether resale or Disney) you go through the entire process with a separate deed! You, if you wish, can only sell in the increments that you purchased them in, aka, 300 points at HH and 100 points at BC and 100 EWP, and so on.

The norm is buy where you like to stay that way you take advantage of your home location. So, if you love HH, then you would probably like to add on at HH!

If you plan to cruise or do other non-WDW vacations, you can buy anywhere! I think the hard part is buying at VB or HH and wanting to vacation at WDW alot!

I hope that answers some if not all of your questions.....

Welcome, DVC is an excellent vacation planner and investment! And you have 40 years to enjoy it..........

Have a DVC day.

You may want to consider changing your ownership to two 150 pt contracts instead of 300. There's no disadvantage to doing this. Or you could buy 150 points at HH and add on smaller add ons at HH or any other DVC resort.

Where you plan to vacation the most, as others have mentioned, have you considered resales ?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter