How do I snag a good deal on an Aulani room?

corgi_monster

DIS Veteran
The rooms at Aulani are going for $500-$600 in April, and that's WITH my kamaaina discount. Ouch! Does anyone have any tips on how to snag a room for less than that?

Crazy - it's cheaper for me to fly up to Anaheim, stay in a hotel, rent a car, and buy 2 day park hoppers to Disneyland than it is to stay at a hotel 40 minutes from my home!

Unfortunately I think that's the cheapest you can get. We live here too and we used the military discount. It's about the same as the Hawaiian resident. But yeah it's a fortune but I'm hoping its worth it. We are going next week. :cool1:

You could look into renting DVC points through Davids DVC Rental and see if thats any less expensive for your dates. It might be kind of late in the game at this point but its worth a shot.

The best deal is to know or be related to a Disney Cast Member.

Hmmm, do you think a castmember who works at WDW can get a discount Aulani?

Absolutely.
My SIL works for WDC, and we got a 50% discount on our room for our family trip in July. The CM would have to travel with you. She also gets discounts on food, cabanas, etc.

The rooms at Aulani are going for $500-$600 in April, and that's WITH my kamaaina discount. Ouch! Does anyone have any tips on how to snag a room for less than that?

Crazy - it's cheaper for me to fly up to Anaheim, stay in a hotel, rent a car, and buy 2 day park hoppers to Disneyland than it is to stay at a hotel 40 minutes from my home!

Totally know the feeling, but when we stayed at Aulani for our first visit, my husband attended a conference next door, but they were offering conference rates at Aulani for like $285.

Thanks for all the info :) I'll keep watching for a discount . . . it'll happen one day!

I do have a cousin who works for Disney, but she's in California so that won't be much help.

wanderlust17, hope you had a great time :)

Disney doesn't pay that well, but we certainly enjoyed our discounts. *sigh*

I am so glad I read this tread. We are headed to Aulani Feb 2015. I just filled out Daves dvc rental request. Geez that will save us a lot and we will be able to get a better room. Thanks for the info.

DVCTiff said:
Disney doesn't pay that well, but we certainly enjoyed our discounts. *sigh*

Can't a castmember at WDW or DL make a discounted reservation at like 40% off if they aren't staying in the room with you? That's what we did at WDW last December. Based on availability, of course.

I am so glad I read this tread. We are headed to Aulani Feb 2015. I just filled out Daves dvc rental request. Geez that will save us a lot and we will be able to get a better room. Thanks for the info.

I got my room using points!! I was put on a waiting list at first but heard today that they reserved my room for me!! Woo hoo, what a savings.

Can't a castmember at WDW or DL make a discounted reservation at like 40% off if they aren't staying in the room with you? That's what we did at WDW last December. Based on availability, of course.

I am not sure what the offer is when the CM is not with you. MY SIL is coming with us on our trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter