How do the "upgrades" work?

tlt

Mouseketeer
Have read several posts about upgrading from standard to savannah rooms at AKL...how is this done?...is it a free thing?...do you ask for one when you check in?...Thanks

We recieved a free upgrade this past Dec. The resort wasn't full and it was a welcomed surprise. AKL seems to do the best job of free upgrading. I guess it wouldn't hurt to ask at check-in if there are any free upgrades. I'm sure if they can do it, they will. However, I would still stay there in a standard room because there are plenty of viewing areas spread throughout the resort. Have fun!!:D :D

Are you saying that if, by chance, we did get a free upgrade from standard to savannah, that you would stay in the standard anyway...or did I mis-read what you typed? Is the only difference between the 2 rooms the view and nothing else? Did you ask for the upgrade last Dec. or how did you get it?Thanks

Sorry tlt for the confusion. I would definitely take the free upgrade "EVERY" time. I just meant that if I booked standard and didn't recieve any upgrade, it's still a great place and I wouldn't be disappointed. The view is the only difference unless you book a deluxe savanna, which I think are a little bigger. The rooms aren't very large, but for 4 of us, they were okay. As for our upgrade, DH talked to the CM and he offered it to us free, but probably because there were 600 families checking out the following day and only 180 checking in. I know I've read about many others recieving savanna rooms after booking standards. I hope you're blessed with pixie dust too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter