How does the VIP seating work for Aulani luau?

ngl

DIS Veteran
Extended family going on this trip to celebrate my mother in law's 80th. We used our DVC points for each family to have a studio for 7 nights so everyone is on their own for all other costs at this point! We all want to do the luau at Aulani one night but each family is going to buy their tickets separately. We are doing VIP - do they "assign" seats? Or is it first come first served? We would all like to sit together. Thanks in advance!

Following-I need to know this as well. :)
I may be wrong about this, but I remember reading somewhere that your seats are assigned based on when you book it. Earlier bookings get the first seats ...etc. In your case, I'd book them all at the same time on the same reservation to ensure you are all together.

They are assigned ahead but I don’t think by time of booking because we booked very close to embarking to Aulani and were front and center, party of 4. The closest to stage at the end. We couldn’t have been first, just lucky. Tables seat 8 so working the puzzle has to be part of it. I would book the VIP and then call Pleasant from the confirmation and have them make notes.

They are assigned ahead but I don’t think by time of booking because we booked very close to embarking to Aulani and were front and center, party of 4. The closest to stage at the end. We couldn’t have been first, just lucky. Tables seat 8 so working the puzzle has to be part of it. I would book the VIP and then call Pleasant from the confirmation and have them make notes.
I wasn't quite sure- but with a bigger group , I personally would book them all at once on the same ressie.

You get let in earlier so get to participate in the activities offered with a much smaller group. You'll get seating closest to the front. You also get first run at the buffet. We were seated right at the stage.

Thanks CaliAdventurer for the tip re calling Pleasant - good idea! Everyone family is going to put it on their own credit card so that is why we need separate reservations. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter