how far from SAN airport to the ocean in san diego

Maria395712

DIS cast member/DIS vet/DVC member
where should we go if we come in for the day to san diego to see the pacific ocean and spend the day what to see. how far from SAN to the ocean is there a nice public beace and how do I get there
maria

The SAN airport is on the coast and the planes fly out over the Pacific. There are several beaches in San Diego, but I recommend the Cove. Since I have never driven in San Diego, I cannot give you directions. But the airport information desk should be able to give you directions. The Cove is about 25 mins from the airport. Parking can be tight.

inzaneLJ11.jpg

La Jolla Cove
inzaneLJ23.jpg

Childrens Pool near La Jolla Cove

As LukenDC said it is about a 25-30 min drive,my favorite beachs to go to is the beachs on Coronado Island Silver Strand and Coronado City beach

And these are about 25-30 min also

Disney Slave, your photos bring back a lot of memories for me. I just love the La Jolla Cove. It really is a special place for me. Maria, I hope that you like it too. If you have time, make sure that you walk around La Jolla a bit.

thank you everyone .I love the pictures and the web sites are great .I don't know what I would do without these boards
maria

They closed the pool to human swimmers as it has become contaminated by the seals. La Jolla Shores is nice, sandwiched between La Jolla and Pacific Beach. The beaches on Coronado are great as well - my nieces and nephews like going to LJS and Coronado when they come visit. They also like Mission Beach so they can swim and go to Belmont Park and ride the Giant Dipper; or driving to Ocean Beach to swim and eat at Hodads.

Overall, San Diego has great beaches and lots of fun relaxing things to do. Have fun!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter