How far in advance?

rajak73

DIS Veteran
How far in advance do you usually make reservations for FW campsites? Also, do you request loops or sites when you call? Anyone with favorite loops? :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :jester:

It really depends on the time of year that you're planning on going to FW. I've called and gotten reservations 2 weeks out and other times I've had to call 6 months in advance. Right now they're booked solid for Christmas (when we want to go), but they've told me that they sometimes receive cancellations.

I've called a year in advance, and I called once 2 days ahead. I just call as soon as I have my dates.

The general rule for WDW resv. is for a school holidays, especially Thanks, Xmas & NYE call as far in advance as possible. Holidays usually are sold out. Due to life cancellations occur, your chances increase the more times to call to check and the closer you get to the arrival date. Remember the cancellation policy is 5 days in advance for the deposit refund.

Summer weekends can be extremely busy but getting in during the week is alot easier.

Any other time you can call FW directly on the day of arrival or CRO with only a few days advance.

We have been there so many times we know which loops are the best for us. I usually make a request on my resv as too my equip size, awning/slideout and loop. Then about 3 days prior to our arrival I fax the RA our request. They have been great, once they even called due to the loops we prefer being rehabed.

Preferred Loops
100,200 Close to PH/Marina area, few large long sites.
400, 700 Close to PH/Marina area, have some of the largest sites, more foilage surrounds the sites.
300 pet loop, playground
500 large loop
1400 close to the Meadows/Campfire area

Full Hook up Loops
1200, 1300 close to Meadows, playground
900, 1000, 1100 small loops centrally located
1600-1900 The clover leaf, pet loops, diverse site sizes

Thanks for the replys. We are going in 2004 in either late may or early june. Depends on what weekend the kid graduates high school. Usually they graduate around the middle of May. Seems like I remember in "98 when my oldest went to disneyworld for Magic Music Days, we called in Feb for reservations the same time, (early June) and they had sites but we would have had to move after 3 days to a different site. :bounce: :bounce:

Does anyone know a link where you can find out more info about the sites, # of, amenities, etc.

I have never camped at Disney before and I am considering that as an option.

Thanks,
Mark

This gives a great overview.
www.wdwig.com/faq_fw.htm

Many a traveled camper will tell you that FW is like no other campground you have stayed at. We love it because we fell like we really escape and can relax there.
Did you have any specific questions?

I made my ressies for Spring Break 2003 last week. I requested the 1500 loop because it's so close to the Meadows Recreational area.

TC:cool:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter