How has the weather been on your January WDW trips?

kalamazoo

Mouseketeer
Was toying with going in January. I know the weather can be iffy and saw the post about the farmer's almanac (which is less than inspiring), so I just wanted some input from those who have been at that time of year. I guess I am especially concerned about swimming since the kids would be in and out of the pool all the time.

I looked into this a few weeks ago, as I'm going in January for my honeymoon. I found that most people said it was around 60-70 during the day and dropped down to about 50 in the evening and 45 in the wee hours of the night. That's perfect for me - jeans and a light jacket!! They also said that they hardly saw any rain (or snow - hahaha). Hope that helps you some!

we went last jan. 18-25th and managed to hit the coldest temps on record :eek: one day it was 30 degrees out!

we wore winter jackets and gloves a few times that week, but one day it was warm enough to swim.

pack for all kinds of weather.

the parks at were relatively empty, and at us/ioa they were deserted! we walked on the hulk repeatedly :)

we had a fantastic time and would go in january again.

In Jan of 2002 the temps were a record high. 80+ during the day.
In Jan/Feb of 2003 the temps were in the 70's and 80's during the day. In the evening both years it cooled off big time. I packed shorts and slacks and sweat suits/warmup suits and had it covered.
As to the pools, they are heated all year round.

I went in January 2001.....we had a great visit! During the day we wore shorts but by evening time we needed jeans and a sweatshirt. We went swimming almost every day we were there. No more than a 5 minute wait for rides. It was a great time to go!

I went first week of Jan '03 and the weather was beautiful, a little chilly at night, especially around the water so bring a jacket and during the days very sunny. The temp was in the 70's by late morning, but still a little chilly in the shade. No rain or anything and the parks were nice and quiet. Plus we still got to see all of the christmas decorations!

This will be our fourth January. For the most part we've hit good weather. Highs in the 70's during the day, warm enought to swim with the sun out.

However, January 2003 was COLD. I think we only wore shorts for 2 afternoons (although we did swim twice). We were in mostly jeans, t-shirts, sweatshirts, jackets. But on the other hand, 2001 was so HOT we were wilting in the parks by afternoon.

Pack a little bit of everything. We found if we dressed in layers we were able to take off and put back on as needed.

I went in January a few years ago and had great weather. I was there for 3 days, two of which I was comfprtable in jeans and a t-shirt (light jacket at night) and the third which was shorts and tank top weather.

We were there Jan 1-8, 2003, and it was cold a couple of days. We wore a lot of layers, and gloves. Other days it was warm, shirt sleeves and swimming. We packed for all kinds of weather, and got it. We spent one day at IOA and froze. My oldest, Sarah (21 at the time) wore flip flops and her toes were blue. The next day, we had tank tops on and her comfortable. So, be prepared for anything.

I went in Jan 2002 and the temps were 85 all week. It was too hot for me. I go in the colder months to avoid that heat. I only packed 2 pairs of shorts and they got well used.

We went in January 6 times. We once had a whole week of mid 80's. Another time we had several days of low 40's with rain. You can never tell.

It was absolutely freezing when we went in Jan 2002. Unbelievable. People were buying stocking caps and gloves. Very uncomfortable. When we went to the Bahamas after the parks we got off the Wonder in sweats. I think that was a freak cold storm however but that means it CAN happen so be prepared unless you want to buy a lot of warm merchandise at WDW.

A few years ago we had perfect weather for a whole week! Not one rain cloud! At the end of each day, we said the weather could not be better, then the next day was just as wonderful! We are keeping our fingers crossed that this Jan. will be as wonderful!

we have always gone early Dec or early Jan. coldest weather we encountered was a Jan. but only need Jeans, Sweatshirts..good advice about bringing clothes to layer and if you are coming from a cold climate, i'd bring a lined jacket (not as warm as a parka) ..even if it isn't real cold you might want it at night for any boat rides or outdoor activities

Thanks for the info everyone. A few of you mentioned this past January having some cold days. Just wanted to let you know that early December last year also had some pretty cold and rainy (all day) days too - nothing like other December trips we had taken. Hopefully this winter will be better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter