How do YOU pronounce HANNAME?

• HA-na-may

• ha-NA-may

• ha-na-ME

• ha-na-MAY

• ha-name

• HANNAH-may

Results are only viewable after voting.
I voted for the third option, but in my head I was actually pronouncing it like Melody did.

Since I only read a about 40% of the "Hanneme" thread, I am far from being an expert; however, I believe the proper pronunciation is ha-na-MAY.

I don't think there's any difference between the first and last options, so their totals should probably be combined. Unless the ha in the first one is pronounced like laughter "ha ha ha". If so, then ignore me, as usual.

Rash said:
I don't think there's any difference between the first and last options, so their totals should probably be combined. Unless the ha in the first one is pronounced like laughter "ha ha ha". If so, then ignore me, as usual.
LOL, consider yourself ingnored!

Alexander said:
I thought that was nattazoo!

I spelled it phonetically to avoid confusion. Notice the "-" between the sylables and the ha-na-May that I compared it to in the beginning. If I wrote it hanname and then compared it, I would have to write natazoo.;) Clear now?

HBC

Right back at the start, it was HAH - NAME in my head, but midway through the thread it changed to Ha -NAH -me, sort of like banana :banana:

I voted han-NA-may because it sounds out like o-HAN-a. Just like Ohana means family, Hanname means DIS Family.

Of course it varies by region, but here in the Southern NJ part of the country, we pronounce it "HA-nuh-may!" :wave2:

Bobbi

Laurajean1014 said:
Okay, I give.

What is hanname?

LOL, you do not know that which you ask.

OK, pull up a comfy chair, get a nice drink, clear your mind, and visit the 40+ page thread that is Hanname.

Persistence is rewarded.

Hanname to you.

kathleena said:
I voted han-NA-may because it sounds out like o-HAN-a. Just like Ohana means family, Hanname means DIS Family.

I pronounce it ha-NA-may for no apparent reason, but I really like kethleena's reasoning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter