How Long Can You Wait to get Medical Attention, if You're Possibly Exposed Rabies?

My son got bit by a dog someone was walking around his apartment complex last year. He laughed about it when he told me, then showed me a picture of the bite. By then it was bad and very bruised. What a stressful time when I broke it to him how serious it could be. He ended up at the doctor where they started antibiotics and updated his tetanus shot. He ended up doing a lot of research on rabies (called the health department) and ultimately decided against pursuing the vaccine because of how rare it was in our area. That and the fact that the dog wasn't stray (was being walked by someone in the complex). He walked that complex nightly for a couple weeks after hoping to find the owner back. But of course he never did.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter