How Long Did It Take To Get Your Passport? Poll

Applied at the Edmonton office May 1, received passports May 15th!!:cool1:

So, looking back, it looked like it was THREE MONTHS for the mailed passports to be returned. DD (not living with me or this would not have happened), sent her application this week. Told at the post office: August flight to Europe? NO PROBLEM! That's just 10 weeks away. What are the current wait times?

I heard on ctv news last night 50 working days for walk in and 10 weeks for mail in. In 8 weeks you will not require a birth certificate or a guarantor to apply for and renew a passport due to the severe backlog.

Debbie,

As I posted on another thread down below, it's now been 55 working days and counting since my DDs' and my passport applications were received by mail by Passport Canada, and my last request for information (answered Friday), was that they still hadn't opened a file for either of my daughters or myself.

You might want to consider asking them to send the application back and go stand in line, if at all possible. I hear that the line-ups are MUCH better than when I tried them out back in March (in the order of an hour or two, rather than eight or more!). I don't think I'd trust getting her passport back by August.:sad2:

Heather

Debbie,

You might want to consider asking them to send the application back and go stand in line, if at all possible. I hear that the line-ups are MUCH better than when I tried them out back in March (in the order of an hour or two, rather than eight or more!). I don't think I'd trust getting her passport back by August.:sad2:

Heather

I agree, My DD's were sent Jan 6 got them back April 30.My DS was sent Jan 6 got his back end of May, three week difference when all 3 were sent at the same time.So it can take you any where from 3 to 3 1/2 months.

Sydney, NS

2 children's passports - into Post Office, April 13
Received *one* today - June 12...

Hoping for the other ...tomorrow...?? :goodvibes

....received the 2nd passport June 28.

I cannot imagine what the backlog is going to be like next winter:sad2:

:sunny:

Sydney, NS

2 children's passports - into Post Office, April 13
Received *one* today - June 12...

Hoping for the other ...tomorrow...?? :goodvibes

I cannot imagine what the backlog is going to be like next winter:sad2:

That doesn't make sense:mad: Mine were received by Passport Canada on March 22nd (I have the courier receipt to prove it)! Why are they processing applications from April, while they still haven't "opened files" for my DDs or me? I am starting to worry...

I went into the Passport Office in Windsor, Ontario this morning.

I waited about an hour and a half for my turn.

I was told to expect our passports to arrive by registered mail in 2 weeks time.

I will let you know if and when they do arrive.

Oh, something I learned today when I got to the passport office.

If you go online and fill in your forms (dont' know exactly how it works) you are given a different number at the passport office and get to go ahead of the people who filled out their applications by hand on the forms you get from the post office etc.

If you are planning on going in person to the passport office you might want to check into that.

The amount of time spent waiting at the passport office for those with the internet forms was considerably (up to at least an hour or more) less wait.

That doesn't make sense:mad: Mine were received by Passport Canada on March 22nd (I have the courier receipt to prove it)! Why are they processing applications from April, while they still haven't "opened files" for my DDs or me? I am starting to worry...

We had the kids' non-expired passports included in the application for a new ones...and since PC has finally started accepting passports as valid proof of id, maybe this sped the process along...??:confused3

We could not apply for new passports (still applications, not a renewal process) online for the kids.

They did tell us at the Post Office, and (at the time) on the website PC said that it would take 6 weeks for us to receive them, and not to contact PC until that time had expired.

HTH! And let us know what happens:)

We had the kids' non-expired passports included in the application for a new ones...and since PC has finally started accepting passports as valid proof of id, maybe this sped the process along...??:confused3

We could not apply for new passports (still applications, not a renewal process) online for the kids.

They did tell us at the Post Office, and (at the time) on the website PC said that it would take 6 weeks for us to receive them, and not to contact PC until that time had expired.

HTH! And let us know what happens:)

Thanks for the reply.

As far as I know, they haven't even opened our envelope yet (I would assume we would be assigned a "file number" when that happens). I guess I'd just like to get some confirmation, at this point, that our envelope hasn't gotten lost in the shuffle! I sent another request for information on Monday, and if I don't get a more positive response to that one, I'll start calling next week.

Hopefully the new "rules" will make this a much easier process! Glad to hear you got one of your passports quickly...any word yet on the other?

Heather

Spoke to Passport Canada today. I've been trying to get through for two days, and out of the 2 hours worth of calling, only got through about 10 times. The first nine times I tried to be "honest", and selected that "information about my passport application" button...each time I was told that the number of callers waiting was to large, so the message said to call back later. Finally, I got through today and used the "lost passport" button (thanks for whoever suggested this!).

They told me that they are currently processing applications from March 20th (so much for 50 business days...this would be 62...and that's just the starting of the process!).

Since my DD is travelling on July 1st (without any ID at the moment!), with the rest of us travelling on July 9th, I've had them transfer our passports to the Vancouver office, and they will call me to set up an appointment (they said I won't have to wait in line).

The system is definitely broken. Hopefully the new regulations will make it much more streamlined!

Heather

We received our passports today.

From the date I took them to the passport office (June 12) to receiving them, a total of 11 days.

Good luck to everyone else still waiting for their passports.

I need to get them for the kids now...just booked on the Wonder for Nov. 4th!
Any idea which office might be better...London, Kitchener?
It seems going to the office is the way to go.

We applied for our passports 2 weeks ago and we were told something i find kind of interesting..our agent told us she had heard calling to check on your passports will/can actually slow down the process...she recommended us not to check on ours til the end of august :scared1: I dont know if this is true, but i dont know if i want to take any chances calling too early now....We need ours by sept 14th and she said we had nothing to worry about at all...this was only a receiving office, so it does stress me out....
sharon
me, dh, dd-16-:cheer2:, ds-almost 14-:goofy:, dd-11 1/2-:tink:
WDW-Dec 04-first disney experience for my DH, DD, DS, DD and first time at WDW for us all
DL-MAY 06-first time at DL for DH and kids , and my 9th(but the first 8 were all by the time i was about 13) so it was all new to me
:cool1: COUNTDOWN IS ON....WE ARE GOING BACK TO DL SEPT 15-25!!!!!

We applied for our passports 2 weeks ago and we were told something i find kind of interesting..our agent told us she had heard calling to check on your passports will/can actually slow down the process...she recommended us not to check on ours til the end of august :scared1: I dont know if this is true, but i dont know if i want to take any chances calling too early now....

You can always call and ask what "date" they are processing...then, you'll have some idea when yours might come up. This shouldn't affect your processing time at all.

I applied in person at the Kitchener office last Friday (the 15th), and received it by mail yesterday (the 22nd) - so that was what, 5 business days? Of course, it was a renewal, so maybe that's why it was so fast.

two weeks for me, (from Toronto) not a huge wait at the passport office either...might have just caught it on a good day.

I finally saw the entry on my mastercard for my passport ,so I expect it any day now. I applied on April 6th.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter