How Long Did It Take To Get Your Passport? Poll

Luckily for my sister they had not purchased their plane tickets because they didn't have their passports. She just got a call from Passport Canada today telling them that my nieces passport since she is a child is not in the print stage and that she should recieve hers by the end of the week but they have just opened her and her husbands file this week and they will not get their passports until the 3 week of February. So she is hoping that they will still be at the post office when they get back from Florida. They are driving all the way. They figure it will take them 4-5 days weather depending so they've decided to make that part of their holiday as well.

wow, passport Canada actually called her? It would be a good thing if they could set a quick call to people to let them know that they are coming!!!!
so my DD's is also in printing stage, i guess 1 week and we should have it??:confused3

I just went today and applied for my DH's and DD's passports. My slip says that it will be mailed out to me by Feb 13, 2007, and the lady told me I would receive it by the end of Feb! That is a far cry from the CAA post that said not to bother if you were travelling in March....ha!

I found one interesting thing while I was in line today, there were a lot of people that were flying out of Buffalo and going to another American state, they thought they needed thier passports....lol I see that the passport website now has a blurp on it that says if you are traveling iinto the states by car and then flying within the states that you don't need your passport.

wow that is great. Just last night, the news advised the same warning about the delays for passports. Some who applied this week said they would be ready the week of Mar 17th. Maybe it depends what office you go to? And i think going in person is the only way to go. If you go to a service location they say you will get it 45 working days. Glad to hear, now if only i can get mine for next week!!! :scared:

A co-worker filled out all her info online and was given a tracking number along with a bar code. She took this into the Kitchener passport office yesterday along with all her required documentation before work, walked right in and was at work for 9 AM. Her passport will be fed-ex'd to her the end of Feb.

Beth

Date applied: January 9

Method: at the London office

Received: Jan 31

That is actually faster than when they said it would be done.

Date we applied: Wed Jan 10 2007
Method: In person, downtown Toronto (2+ hour wait! :sad2:)
Date we received: Tue Jan 30, 2007 :cool1:

I was told that it would take 15 business days, instead of their usual 10. So, to expect them (I brought my own, DH, and DD5) by Feb 1. We were quite thrilled to receive them yesterday! We are travelling to Disneyworld on Feb 18. Big relief!

My advice would be to go in person to a Passport Office. It's your only guarantee that it was received and is "in the system".

Good luck everyone! :hippie:

Passports:
Applied Jan. 16/ 07
Applied in person at Hamilton office ( remember me , 3 1/2 hours and $285 later...)
JUST RECEIVED TODAY FEB. 1ST!!! by express post.
Very happy...
Advice would be to apply in person , Although the wait is long, it beats waiting for them to arrive...
Good luck to everyone waiting...;)

Oh , forgot to add,
My kids passports expire in 5 years....2012
I thought kids were only good for 3 years...
My kids are 10, 8, and 6.
Was that right?

-------------------------------------------
Ok , never mind .
I checked the website... it's 5 years.
I thought maybe I lucked out...( for a change!)

I sent it on monday....will let you know when I get them back!!!

Apparently now the lineups in Edmonton are starting at 2:00am!!!

Oh , forgot to add,
My kids passports expire in 5 years....2012
I thought kids were only good for 3 years...
My kids are 10, 8, and 6.
Was that right?

-------------------------------------------
Ok , never mind .
I checked the website... it's 5 years.
I thought maybe I lucked out...( for a change!)

yes kids passports are good for 3 yrs old. I believe(but don't quote me) if they are under 3 yrs old or 2yrs old, then they are good for 3 yrs. but 3 and over are valid for 5 years. Mydaughter is almost 8 and using her passport from when she was 3(lol) Her passport looks exactly like her little sister does in real life, (they looked the same at 3yrs old) so it may cause some confusion at airports :rolleyes: but they are still valid.

Did our pp's on line and then went down to Wpg Passport office. Got them back within two weeks in Dec 2006.

We had kids passports as well and you cannot do those online but you can still go in the online line with them as long as you filled out at least one adult pp online.
Easy.

happy to finally report:

Date applied: Dec 11th

Received: TODAY!!!! :cool1:

What a relief. It was a roller coaster ride, as we leave in 1 week. Now i have the task of packing and planning. Boy the last 3 weekjs

happy to finally report:

What a relief. It was a roller coaster ride, as we leave in 1 week. Now i have the task of packing and planning. Boy the last 3 weekjs

Then there is hope! Did you mail yours in? My niece is joining us on our upcoming trip. She mailed hers the 1st of December and hasn't received it yet and can't get through on the phone. I'm started to panic. :confused3

Because I have more time on my hands than she does do you think I could call for her to find out the status?

I'm so happy to hear that you finally got yours!!! It gives all of us waiting hope! Have a fantastic trip & tell the mouse to be prepared..... We're coming down in month and 5 days!!

Liz
:cool1:

happy to finally report:

Then there is hope! Did you mail yours in? My niece is joining us on our upcoming trip. She mailed hers the 1st of December and hasn't received it yet and can't get through on the phone. I'm started to panic. :confused3

Because I have more time on my hands than she does do you think I could call for her to find out the status?

i went to a canada post receiving stn. But they are considered the same as a mail in application. I don't know that they will give you info on your niece as i tried to get info on my brother application and they would not. When are you leaving? If it gets close(less 2 weeks) get on the phone first thing in the morning, i think they start earlier. If the status is still not done, you can contact your local MP office for assistance. If you still have trouble with getting through, they can find out for you!! good luck

i went to a canada post receiving stn. But they are considered the same as a mail in application. I don't know that they will give you info on your niece as i tried to get info on my brother application and they would not. When are you leaving? If it gets close(less 2 weeks) get on the phone first thing in the morning, i think they start earlier. If the status is still not done, you can contact your local MP office for assistance. If you still have trouble with getting through, they can find out for you!! good luck

She received it TODAY!!! Thank goodness! :cool1:

Does anybody know if you can check the status of your application on-line? I can never get through on the phone.

Does anybody know if you can check the status of your application on-line? I can never get through on the phone.

you can send an email request but it is faster to call(yes it may take days to get through) but my email on line request that i emailed on Jan 5th, i received a reply on Jan 24Th. What a pain, they need to make this more accessible. Good Luck

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter