how long from BVW to Royal Table?

3kidz4dis

DIS Veteran
If this is in the wrong thread, moderator please move.

My daughters and I are going to the Royal Table at 9:10 but was wondering what time I should leave BWV to get there on time. I orginally had it schedueled at 8:30 but my husband and son wouldn't be allowed into the park that early they said. Just wanted to know how long it takes using Disney transportation. Thanks! (note: I don't like to be anywhere early, I am the type who will miss a plane and reschedule rather than sit there for three hours ahead of time) :)

I guess while I am asking that, if you would be so kind as to help me with the time we should leave to get there from BWV to:

Crystal Palace
Chef Mickeys
Donald Breakfasauras
Trails End
Hoop Dee Doo
Grand Floridian for Gala Feast

We have these schedueled too, are we a bit crazy or what?

Last week the bus from BWV to the MK was S-L-O-W. I waited at the BWV bus stop for 35 min. for a bus, then we made stops at the Swan and the Dolphin. It took almost an hour to get TO the MK. Then you have to go through security check and the ticket booths and walk back to the castle.

The wait for the bus back was just as bad - and BWV wasn't the first stop - we stopped at the Swan and Dolphin on the return leg, too. The next trip back was a little faster, but not much.

I'd give yourself plenty of time. Or take a taxi since you have a definite time you have to be there.

Chef Mickey's and Crystal Palace would be about the same timeframe. You can walk fairly quickly to Chef Mickey's from the MK entrance after you get off the bus. For the Grand Floridian, you can take the bus to the MK, then take the resort monorail to the GF. I can't help with all your other trips, but I can pretty much guarantee you'll be spending a LOT of time on buses.

DisFlan

DisFlan said:
Last week the bus from BWV to the MK was S-L-O-W. I waited at the BWV bus stop for 35 min. for a bus, then we made stops at the Swan and the Dolphin. It took almost an hour to get TO the MK. Then you have to go through security check and the ticket booths and walk back to the castle.

The wait for the bus back was just as bad - and BWV wasn't the first stop - we stopped at the Swan and Dolphin on the return leg, too. The next trip back was a little faster, but not much.

I'd give yourself plenty of time. Or take a taxi since you have a definite time you have to be there.

Chef Mickey's and Crystal Palace would be about the same timeframe. You can walk fairly quickly to Chef Mickey's from the MK entrance after you get off the bus. For the Grand Floridian, you can take the bus to the MK, then take the resort monorail to the GF. I can't help with all your other trips, but I can pretty much guarantee you'll be spending a LOT of time on buses.

DisFlan

are those all my options? the bus or taxi?

Find a cheap little rental car. It will save you some frustration and give you a feeling of control! :cool1:

3kidz4dis said:

Unless you drive your own car or rent one, that's about it.

The only other work-around I can think of is to enter Epcot through the International Gateway, walk to the front entrance and take the monorail to the MK. But as far as I know, the park needs to be open to do this. So this might not work for your early breakfast. And it's a fairly long hike if you're in a hurry.

The positive aspects are that the buses are free (always a nice thing) and they WILL get you there - but on their schedule, not yours. You never know - you may luck out and be there at a time when the buses are running more efficiently.

DisFlan

I would allow an hour for a comfortable arrival for a dining reservation.

I always assume a worst case scenario for WDW transportation- I plan that is just missed a bus to my destination and figure 20 minutes until the next one. From BWV the ride to MK will be about 15 minutes and then another 15 minutes to get thru the turnstyles and walk down Main Street for a timely arrival at the restaurant podium.

In many situations, we will get a quick bus and arrive 20 minutes early - but that's part of the experience. That allows you to linger and enjoy the walk down Main Street.

For dining reservations at other resorts we allow 20 minutes for each bus connection plus the travel time. I like to think of the bus ride as an attraction. Do some people watching, strike up a conversation with another guest - or better yet, a bus driver. They are a wealth of information and most are very entertaining!

Unless you already have a rental car, I wouldn't get one just for that trip. The bus will drop you off at the MK entrance- self parking or a cab will still require a boat or monorail ride to get to the turnstyles.

Enjoy the WDW transportation system - it works very well. We ALWAYS use Disney transport - even if we have a car.

Recommend bus. Car is usually no faster than bus, particularly when the park opens. At MK, parking lot is at Transportation Ticket Center from which you take a parking lot tram (a wait) to the monorail or boat (another wait) and then go over to MK; that time of morning when the incoming crowds are heavy can mean a 45 minute or longer trip. Usually there is a bus every 15 minutes in the morning. It has lately gone to Swan and Dolphin and then to MK. The bus trip itself takes about 25 to 30 minutes and takes you right near the MK entrance. You also need to allow waiting time for the bus, entry through security at a time when crowds entering are heavy, and the walk to the castle. I would allow at least 45 minutes (50 if possible) from door to door. You can take a taxi from BWV to Contemporary (10 to 12 minute drive) and walk over from there (about 7 minutes) or to the Grand Floridian and take monorail from there (10 minute drive but allow 15 more for monorail trip in case you have to wait). However, I believe that taxi is gone to cost you $12 for its 4 mile trip. The route by walking through Epcot from back entrance, where BWV is, is both longer and unavailable. That walk takes 25 or more minutes (good pace) from BWV and then you have to take two different monorails to MK, adding at least 25 minutes. And you will not be able to walk through Epcot until it is opened at 9.

3kidz4dis said:

Disney is planning on putting in teleporters, but right now you are restricted to bus, car, taxi, boat, monorail or your feet. There is no continuous water between the BW and the MK so a boat is out. The monorail is quite a distance from the BW and will take longer than a bus. And walking along four miles of Disney roads is highly discouraged. It doesn't sound like you have a rental car. So you will be using buses or a taxi.

If it were me, we'd take a cab for that trip. We'd also do the 8:30 breakfast and let the boys chill out front or meet us later when they took the bus in. If you don't like being there until you need to be at Disney, you will be miserable, its a lot of waiting in lines. Its also not unheard of for a princess breakfast to give away your seat if you are late. I overheard it happening at the PSB when we were there a few weeks ago - the waitress was saying "sorry, you were fifteen minutes late, we gave away your table."

crisi said:
Disney is planning on putting in teleporters

:rotfl2:

They'll have that done the same year they get an on-line reservation system for DVC.;)

Actually now that I think of it, waiting for a teleporter might be faster than waiting for an empty bus from the BWV to the MK.

HBC

Happy Birthday Cat said:
:rotfl2:

They'll have that done the same year they get an on-line reservation system for DVC.;)

Actually now that I think of it, waiting for a teleporter might be faster than waiting for an empty bus from the BWV to the MK.

HBC

It was rather unbelievable, but we bussed to the MK and back several times two weeks ago - and always had a seat. Never waited more than ten minutes for a bus anywhere. Never stood. Never even required our kids on our laps. It was Disney Transportation at its best. It seems that the morning buses are BW first, then Swan and Dolphin. Mid day the Y&BC are in the circuit.

crisi said:
It was rather unbelievable, but we bussed to the MK and back several times two weeks ago - and always had a seat. Never waited more than ten minutes for a bus anywhere. Never stood.

We were at the BWV the first week of October and it was worse than usual to the MK. For some reason I don't think that Disney planned for how crowded it was. Waits of 45 minutes and full busses pulling in. The busses are the only thing I dred about the BWV. The teleporter will be nice when it gets done. (But they'll probably do the YC/BC first);)

HBC

My husband thinks that the aborted pneumatic tube idea really wasn't ever given a fair chance.

We did take at least one cab to the MK - actually the Poly for the Ohana breakfast. I know I wouldn't wait 45 minutes for a bus - my limit tends to be about 15, then the cab stand looks really attractive.

drusba said:
Recommend bus. Car is usually no faster than bus, particularly when the park opens.

At MK, parking lot is at Transportation Ticket Center from which you take a parking lot tram (a wait) to the monorail or boat (another wait) and then go over to MK; that time of morning when the incoming crowds are heavy can mean a 45 minute or longer trip.
Exactly what I would have said. Except there is also a fairly good walk between where the tram from the parking lot drops you off and getting to the Monorail or boat. Don't drive! It will take just as long, if not longer.

All those ADR's aren't breakfast are they? Will you be going to them all directly from your hotel? Or from a park?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter