How long from Studios to Epcot on boats?

jultomzach

Mouseketeer
We would like to go to Osborne lights and then catch boat to Epcot for TOD and Illuminations? Will we have enough time to do this? How long after the park closes do the boats continue from Epcot to MGM and MGM shuttles run to parking lot? It might be quicker to drive but I have heard the boat rides are enjoyable? Are the boats safe for a 2 yr old? Any details about this connection would be most appreciated!

The boats run for at least 1 hr past park closing. They are perfectly safe for your 2 YO - like a bus on water. It takes about 15 - 20 minutes from MGM to Epcot - there are 3 other stops on the way.

1. Swan and Dolphin
2. Yacht / Beach Club
3. Boardwalk

When are you going? ToD usually runs at 4:00 and 6:10 during the Christmas season (go back to regular hours after New Years). Osborne Lights starts at 6:00. When we were there the first week of Dec, MGM closed at 7:00 but the boat ran until 8:30.

Originally posted by WDWTrekker
The boats run for at least 1 hr past park closing. They are perfectly safe for your 2 YO - like a bus on water. It takes about 15 - 20 minutes from MGM to Epcot - there are 3 other stops on the way.

1. Swan and Dolphin
2. Yacht / Beach Club
3. Boardwalk

I'm gonna have to disagree with you on this one. I would say more like 30-45 minutes with the waiting at ports. Plus keep in mind that if a boat isn't there, you'll have to wait for one.

If you have a stroller, you might be better off taking a little walk. Probably about 25 minutes or so, but you won't have to wait for a boat.

Thanks for all the help! We will probably take the boats. If we hit Osborne lights when they open, we should have plenty of time to catch the 8:10 TOD ( of course this depends on no Disney schedule change) I forgot to mention that my mother will be with us and she has difficulty walking for long periods. The boat will be a great relief for her. I think the drop off point at Epcot is very close to the International Gateway.

If no boat is there, walking is usually faster. But , if I am tired (who isn't), I take the boat.

Boy, that helped huh?:D

When we were at WDW earlier this month we took the boat from MGM to the International Gateway at EPCOT. We stayed on the same boat and had three stops before EPCOT. From the dock at MGM to the dock at EPCOT it will probably take 30 minutes or so. I think it is a pleasant ride that your mother will enjoy.

We did the boat ride from MGM to EPCOT's Intl Gateway in November and it took about 35 minutes. We lucked out and didn't have to wait for a boat to arrive at MGM. It was a very enjoyable, relaxing ride over there.

Beth

Walking is definately faster! This July, my DH and one DD walked from the Swan to Epcot in about 15 minutes. Myself and other DD took the boat from the Swan to Epcot, and it took 35 frustrating minutes.( And that was not even as far as the Studios!) So many stops on the way take alot of time. If your feet are in good shape or you are not too tired, walk. The walk from the studios is only about 20-25 minutes, the ride much longer.:)

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter