How long have you waited for busses at OKW?

Stitches12

Corning, NY - The Home of Glass
Staying at OKW for our first time on the 23rd. Wondering what we can expect for wait times on the busses. Do they have their own bus or share ?

Thanks - :wave2:

We just got back from OKW in sept. and everything was good with the busses. On an average 10 - 15 min wait. They have their own bus so no sharing. However, they run through the whole place before leaving to the parks. Have fun!!!

To avoid riding the buses throughout the whole resort you can request a building close to the HH. This will also put you close to the main pool, restaurant, store/gift shop, boat dock, bar and exercise room.

In the distant past, the waits were often 20 minutes plus, but the past few years bus service has been excellent at OKW. During the busy times of the day, we have not waited more than about 5-10 minutes. Midday you might have an occational 20 minute wait, but fewer people use those midday buses, so there aren't as many. We like staying at the Southpoint area for buses, because it is the second stop on the way back into the resort. It always feels like we get "home" quickly that way.

Peninsular Road is a good place to stay if you don't want to ride the buses all over the resort (doesn't take that long really and you can see the entire resort). If you miss the bus at PR bus stop, you can walk over to the Hospitality House and catch the last stop out of the resort.

Bus Route is:
1. Peninsular Road
2. South Point
3. Old Turtle Pond
4. Miller's Road
5. Hospitality House

For the DTD/Typhoon Lagoon/Internal Bus, put Hospitality House at the beginning and at the end.

OKW buses are very good.

I've been waiting since April '03 :earseek: . Seriously, we never had a long wait for a bus out of OKW; 10 - 15 minutes tops and they do not share with any other resort (at least they didn't in the past). Will give a fresh report after our Dec. trip! :banana:

We stayed at OKW last November and April. Never had a long wait for the bus. Usually only 10 minutes or so.. We did have a two strange problems though. Twice on the November trip the bus drivers were so busy singing Disney tunes that they took a few wrong turns and our trips were longer than expected! Thankfully we weren't in a rush to get to the parks and didn't miss a PS for dinner but we found it odd that after so many times on the busses we would hit two in one trip that went astray !!

I recently stayed in building 62... I could sit on the verandah and look for the bus I needed drive over the bridge and toward Millers Road.. i knew then i had to get to HH to catch it.

Talk about convenient.

Sue,
We were in 62 last year. I agree--totally convenient as well as a great view of Illuminations !
OKW busses don't share with any other resort. We stayed there most recently in early August of this year. Never waited more than 10-15 min. There are 5 bus stops located throughout the resort.
Have a nice trip !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter