How long to add on points at sold out resort?

RAD

DIS Veteran
DW and I decided to do a 50 point add on to our current BVW contracts. Right now there isn't anything in DVC's piggy bank to sell so we're on the waiting list.

So the question to folks that have done add on's for sold out resorts how many points were you looking for and how long did it take to come through and when was that? Thanks - Rick

I was wondering this myself......

We just waitlisted for 75 BWV points with an August UY. The night we waitlisted, our guide said that they had September, June & March (It could have been February)......But no August.

She didn't seem to think that it would be that long of a wait, so, keep our fingers crossed, they'll be here soon!

We added on 150 BWV points in August 2004. We were on the waitlist for less than a week. These points were for Feb use year.

Tink10 said:
I was wondering this myself......

We just waitlisted for 75 BWV points with an August UY. The night we waitlisted, our guide said that they had September, June & March (It could have been February)......But no August.

She didn't seem to think that it would be that long of a wait, so, keep our fingers crossed, they'll be here soon!

Well Tink, hope you get your 75 soon since we're also August UY and I just went on the list today.

I think it really depends upon the resort. We wanted to do an 80 point add-on at HHI and called our guide and they were immediately available. Even had the same use year as our VWL points.

I wish I had some way of knowing where we are on the waitlist.....More waiting....It's driving me nuts!

I don't know how correct this is, but I was told that ROFR points go into their system on Fridays. She also told me that it seemed that they were getting lots of points in for the sold out resorts, so hopefully soon!

Tink10 said:
I wish I had some way of knowing where we are on the waitlist.....More waiting....It's driving me nuts!

I don't know how correct this is, but I was told that ROFR points go into their system on Fridays. She also told me that it seemed that they were getting lots of points in for the sold out resorts, so hopefully soon!

Looking at the Timeshare store's listing I don't have warm fuzzies about anything happening soon. They show only one listing with an August UY and looks like they've borrowed all their 2005 points since it says the points won't be available until 8/2006. ARG.

I'd really like to keep all the points in one resort but maybe we'll think about doing the add on a SSR. We're going to be down in May and may talk to our guide then.

I'm on the waitlist as of last friday for BWV decUY. My guide told me I was the first one on the list, and didn't know how long it would take. She said she had someone waiting since August and just got them. I guess it could take a while.

I've been on the waitlist for BWV April UY since 17 December. I contacted my guide a few days ago and she says that now it is on computer she can no longer 'look' at the list, unlike in the old paper days, so has no idea how long it could take. I find it interesting that Carol's guide told her she was first on the list :confused3

When I did an OKW add-on last year that took just over 3 months from my request for them to come through.

I last added on in June or July for 30 BWV points. Only took about a month - maybe less - wasn't too long.

Now BCV on the other hand, I have been waiting since July.........

The reason I was told that I was first on the waitlist was because there was inventory available in my UY, so I bought the points that were available. She said no one can go onto the waitlist if any amount of points are currently available in the UY.

The amount available wasn't enought, but every point counts towards more magic.

In 2003 we added on at the BCV for 50 points with a March use year, now this was in 03 when it was somewhat easier to get poinst than it is now ok, but we waited just 4 weeks for our add on from Disney.

I have been calling/emailing my guide for a month now to be put on the list and she is apparently refusing to answer my question about whether I am on the list or not. She didn't ask for a deposit/credit card either. I have been a good customer and don't understand what the deal is? Is there another way to get on the waiting list?

Rick,

I jsut wanted to let you know that we got our points today!! :cool1: :cool1:

You should be hearing something very soon too!

Tink10 said:
Rick,

I jsut wanted to let you know that we got our points today!! :cool1: :cool1:

You should be hearing something very soon too!

Congratulations Tink! :sunny: :wizard: :cheer2:

When exactly did you get on the list for the extra points if you don't mind me asking??? It would be nice if it happened before 5/31 so I don't need to worry about being able to bank them or not.

Update, I just checked my credit card site and DVC ran an authorization for the $'s through, so maybe mine came through also. That would be GREAT!!!

We went on the list last Thursday or Friday....

Our guide told me that it looked like they had 400 points left after all of the waitlists were taken care of.....so, it seems like everyone on the waitlist for Aug UY was filled today....

:cloud9:

Tink10 said:
We went on the list last Thursday or Friday....

Our guide told me that it looked like they had 400 points left after all of the waitlists were taken care of.....so, it seems like everyone on the waitlist for Aug UY was filled today....

:cloud9:

Thanks for the quick response. I don't know if I'll get a call or the paperwork will just show up. My normal guide is OOTO and I talked to his backup so he might not be too interested in following up with a notification.

Our guide said that if I hadn't called, she would have never known....She told me that we could expect the paperwork by Friday...... Now I just wonder how soon I can use the points....:Pinkbounc

Tink10

Good to hear you're in...
:jumping1: ...Great News.....Congratulations.... :jumping1:

I need lots of pixie dust...please.. :wizard:
I am also on a wait list for Sept UY, BC.
Guess I'll be a lot older when that comes thru.. :crazy2:

MermaidsMom..
I have been calling/emailing my guide for a month now to be put on the list and she is apparently refusing to answer my question about whether I am on the list or not. She didn't ask for a deposit/credit card either. I have been a good customer and don't understand what the deal is? Is there another way to get on the waiting list?

Call and get another guide to help you!! Each day that goes by..puts you further out on the wait list??

Lexxiefern said:
I last added on in June or July for 30 BWV points. Only took about a month - maybe less - wasn't too long.

Now BCV on the other hand, I have been waiting since July.........

Lexxiefern

Would you mind saying what UY BCV points you are waiting on?

Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter