how long to WDW from MA - where to stop?

disneydebi

Mouseketeer
Hello,

I'm trying to decide between driving to WDW from MA or Amtrak (hubby won't fly - bad flight last trip!)

The advantage to driving would be the cost saving over amtrak and not having to then rent a car at WDW (staying off site).

The advantage( I think) to Amtrak, would be no wear on my car, or my husband (the primary driver), plus we wouldn't have to make bathroom/food/stretch your legs stops.

According to Amtrak schedules ..If we took the train, and left MA early AM (7:00), we'd arrive in WDW area around Noon the next day (not bad)

Realistically, if we drove, what could we expect for arrival time, given that we would likely need to stop at a hotel for sleep, and where is the best area to stop on the way down, and way back to maximize driving time and get there as soon as possible.

Any input from experienced drivers appreciated!

thanks.

Well expect driving time to be approximately 21-24 hours. It's very long. When my husband was in college in Daytona we did the drive many times. I have no interest in doing it again. My inlaws left today and are driving to Virginia then taking the Auto Train to Sanford, FL. It was probably on the expensive side but when you figure out meals, a night stay, gas and wear and tear on the car it may not be too bad of a deal.

I checked it out on Amtrak.com.... its about $900 for a family of 4 and the minivan.... plus I still have to drive as far as VA (how long would that be?). I can do amtrak and rent a car in WDW for about the same $$. So I don't think that would save me anything. The driving I still think would be cheaper.

Anyone have any other ideas... again, what is the best area to stop on the way down and back, so that I get to WDW at a decent hour and don't waste my entire arrival day traveling?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter