How many DVC rooms are released to CRO?

CR Resort Fan 4 Life

DIS Veteran
I was wondering if non DVC members called CRO to book a room at the Boardwalk Villas what would someones chances be of getting it and for that to happen, does DVC give CRO a limited number of rooms for non DVC members to book?

When a member books outside of DVC, a room is moved to CRO. DVC also retains a few rooms to rent with CRO. There really isn't a specific number, it depends on member activity.

CRO gets DVC rooms in several ways.

Disney retains a small portion of ownership (estimated at 4%). These rooms are used for maintenance, but if they are not needed for that, they are available through CRO.

Whenever a DVC member trades to a regular Disney resort, Adventures by Disney, Concierge Collection, WDW resort or for a DIsney cruise, rooms are made available to CRO, to help offset the cost of the trade.

Any rooms unreserved by DVC Members at 60 days out are turned over to CRO, proceedes from this is called "Breakage" and ius used partly to offset our dues.

So overall, someone has a pretty good chance of booking a DVC room for cash through CRO. And in fact, there is often CRO inventory available when there is not point inventory available to members.

CRO gets DVC rooms in several ways.

Disney retains a small portion of ownership (estimated at 4%). These rooms are used for maintenance, but if they are not needed for that, they are available through CRO.

Whenever a DVC member trades to a regular Disney resort, Adventures by Disney, Concierge Collection, WDW resort or for a DIsney cruise, rooms are made available to CRO, to help offset the cost of the trade.

Any rooms unreserved by DVC Members at 60 days out are turned over to CRO, proceedes from this is called "Breakage" and ius used partly to offset our dues.

So overall, someone has a pretty good chance of booking a DVC room for cash through CRO. And in fact, there is often CRO inventory available when there is not point inventory available to members.
Just wanted to also thank you for your input of information. :thumbsup2

However, there are a few categories of rooms not available via CRO - standard view rooms and Boardwalk view rooms to start. GV may also be difficult to get unless they are not booked by members which would not be typical.

However, there are a few categories of rooms not available via CRO - standard view rooms and Boardwalk view rooms to start. GV may also be difficult to get unless they are not booked by members which would not be typical.
I thought standard rooms were not DVC rooms since they were not Villas accomodations. Plus when I was looking for fun at Disneyworld.com reservation page, standard rooms at the Boardwalk were available.

I thought standard rooms were not DVC rooms since they were not Villas accomodations. Plus when I was looking for fun at Disneyworld.com reservation page, standard rooms at the Boardwalk were available.

Deb & Bill are referring to DVC villas, but there are villas with different "view" classes and point schedules. Standard view villas pretty much overlook the front of the Boardwalk resort, into the parking lot.

Boardwalk Villas and AKV are the only DVC resorts, so far, to have different booking classifications and points based on "view."

Or even regular resort inventory. I realized this today and booked VWL @ a member discount for a date that WL was sold out. :thumbsup2

Deb & Bill are referring to DVC villas, but there are villas with different "view" classes and point schedules. Standard view villas pretty much overlook the front of the Boardwalk resort, into the parking lot.

Boardwalk Villas and AKV are the only DVC resorts, so far, to have different booking classifications and points based on "view."
Oh ok. When they said standard view rooms, I thought they meant the regular rooms because they did not mention the villas part.

CRO lists them as standard view, they don't reserve the specific views like member services. If you booked with CRO, you would get whatever is available after the members reserve. It's typically pool/garden view but by listing standard they cover themselves for whatever comes up.

Can a room go from CRO to points if its close to the date?

Cheryl

I believe the rooms sent to CRO at 60 days as breakage income can still be reserved for points. Sometimes they can also do some "behind the scenes" switching.

interesting, I called today and the room was available for cash but not points. Maybe I didn't get a knowledgeable CM?

interesting, I called today and the room was available for cash but not points. Maybe I didn't get a knowledgeable CM?
Likely this was a room given up for an exchange of some sort and not available on points but is on cash. This would be appropriate and happens not uncommonly.

I wonder how this works exactly. We are going back in a couple of weeks and there are studios for cash available at SSR, OKW, and BWV, but not any for points available. We've all seen that sort of thing. We are waitlisted and I wonder if there is a point when those rooms can "go back" to dvc to use. It seems silly to let them sit empty if a member wants to use them. On the other hand, it is probably good for a room or two to be empty at a given time in case someone needs to move a room or something like that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter