How many of you "wing it" for lunch without PS?

Front desk staff do not do PS requests for you. You are better off making them in advance yourself.

It's nice to have at least one PS a day, may be mix it up a bit by having at least one PS for lunch and have a more casual dinner or light snack later.

On our MK day, we did an 11:30 PS at CP which was a great way to relax for an hour and recharge the batteries.

I wouldn't do a big lunch and dinner PS on the same day, but many others do.

Dreamin' Disney, maybe they don't for you, but I've never had a problem stoping by the guest relations section of any front desk and make my PS for that day before I get to the park. Even when you pick up the phone and dial dining, if they are busy, the recording will say, "go to any front desk podium and a CM will assist you." Since we were just there in July of this year (along with January and May), I can't imagine that they have stopped doing that. After you make your PS, the CM will print out a confirmation for you with all of your information on it. When you go next month, go to the front desk and check it out. I'm sure just because my husband is a cast member isn't why they do it for us, they do it for everyone. Now I don't make all of my PS this way, only when I need a last minute one or need to cancel one.

for most of our lunches, we don't get PS ressies. Unless we want some of the more popular places like Brown Derby or 50's Prime Time. We like to escape to a quiet place for lunch sometimes at the resorts...like Concourse Steakhouse or Kona Cafe. For those, we haven't had any trouble getting in for lunch with little or no wait. We also like Beaches and Cream and they don't take PS.

Pam

We usually go to WDW in Oct or Nov and we decide that morning where we want to eat. Unless things have changed, you can go to guest relations in the park and they can call for PS for you. Since the World Showcase doesn
t open until later, we go to guest relations building in Epcot as soon as we get there in the morning. We usually don't make PS anyway that time of year. We've never had trouble getting in anywhere. We even get into the castle(not for character breakfast) for lunch or dinner every year without a PS.
Our "don't miss" is the lunch buffet in Germany just because it fills us up until we get back to our room that night, it is nice and cool, and my ds loves to dance around the table with the music. We have also had the most consistent wonderful service here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter